Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Northeast US Lake Conditions / Re: Water Temperatures
« Last post by Curt - RI on May 09, 2021, 10:25:48 AM »
I know this was started last season but planning a trip to yankee country in a couple weeks, how is the water warm up going?

Hay Lance! Water temps right now are hanging right at 60 degrees in most local lakes.

Looks like air temps in the 50s and low 60s this week, with lots of sun, so it should continue to warm up.
Northeast US Lake Conditions / Re: Water Temperatures
« Last post by bassamatic on May 09, 2021, 07:35:13 AM »
I know this was started last season but planning a trip to yankee country in a couple weeks,how is the water warm up going?
Boating Forum / Re: Trailer Woes
« Last post by Curt - RI on May 07, 2021, 11:15:11 AM »
Is the Westerly DMV open yet?  Last i knew they were still closed because of Covid!

That's a good question. I wasn't aware that they had closed.

I guess I'll find out soon enough.  :nod:
Boating Forum / Re: My Big Floating Tackle Box
« Last post by Curt - RI on May 07, 2021, 11:08:54 AM »
I have stuff in my boat that's probably 30yrs old  :o

I have the same stuff, Joe. I found a bunch of old 7 inch plastic worms that I bought back in the early 1990s from Hankie's. He's been dead for quite a while now.  :o
Lure Making / Re: Question on powder coating jig heads
« Last post by metz12 on May 06, 2021, 06:42:20 PM »
I don't blame you Curt! It is the worst with the plastic weed guard on jigs. I dont know how guys do it without buying jigheads with no weed guard, powder paint them and then drill the hole out, and glue the weed guard in. Now when I make jigs for myself and for sale I just buy the pre painted ones like you do from LPO. Ive gotten a process down though on my spinnerbaits, buzzbaits and my bladed jigs, since there is no weed guard on them.
Boating Forum / Re: My Big Floating Tackle Box
« Last post by Joe P on May 06, 2021, 02:30:40 PM »
Ah...slider worms, i have a bag full of those still.   I feel your pain. I have stuff in my boat that's probably 30yrs old  :o
« Last post by Joe P on May 06, 2021, 02:27:48 PM »
LOL, @Pat_RI I've thought about that too  (giggle)

Thankfully we have an office here in Westerly that's open one day per week. So at least I won't have to drive far to go there and spend hours waiting in line.   :nope:

Is the Westerly DMV open yet?  Last i knew they were still closed because of Covid!
« Last post by Curt - RI on May 06, 2021, 01:41:38 PM »
Curt,

Now you only have the dreaded trip to the Registry. Lol.

LOL, @Pat_RI I've thought about that too  (giggle)

Thankfully we have an office here in Westerly that's open one day per week. So at least I won't have to drive far to go there and spend hours waiting in line.   :nope:
« Last post by Pat_RI on May 06, 2021, 12:52:45 PM »
Curt,

Now you only have the dreaded trip to the Registry. Lol.
Boating Forum / My Big Floating Tackle Box
« Last post by Curt - RI on May 06, 2021, 11:40:25 AM »
Every year I buy or make new lures and baits. Most of these get put in my boat.

Many of them get stored in the boat "just in case I need them". Those types of baits end up in plastic boxes or zip loc bags so I will have them if I happen to need them at any point.

Sadly, many of those baits never see the light of day again. They get buried and forgotten.  :facepalm:

So, this week I decided to pull those items from the great abyss ( (giggle) ) and sort through them all so I could organize them and make them easy to find if I want to use them.

Here's what I found when I dug them all out!

I will be putting some of these back in my boat, but many of them will be hung on pegboard in my garage, where I can easily see what I have and grab it when I'm preparing for a trip or tournament.

It's crazy how much stuff gets collected and then hidden away in the dark corners and recesses of a bass boat!  :o
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10