Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Hawg Forum / Re: Jonhson's Pond?
« Last post by metz12 on September 14, 2021, 11:51:00 AM »
 Its a bit late. Haven't been on the computer much these days. Anyways, I am fishing the Coventry bass anglers open Sunday, so I know its accessible by boat. I would assume that the water level is low enough to get under that bridge to be honest. I have a friend that lives right over there and drives over that bridge every day to get to work. They dropped it 24" for hurricane Henri. But the massive rain we got, brought it back up another foot and a half or so from his estimation. Still not up to full so to speak so I imagine that bridge is passable.
« Last post by Curt - RI on August 27, 2021, 12:00:44 PM »
It was on the news last week the owners lowered the water so much that boats were sitting in the mud.

There's an ongoing lawsuit about the water level being to low!

This isn't the first time this has happened. And I bet it won't be the last. Every once in a while the owner seems to want to flex his muscles as a reminder about who owns the lake!  :facepalm:
« Last post by Mitz on August 27, 2021, 11:55:56 AM »
Sorry,
I haven't been down there all season. What a mess...

-Mitz
« Last post by Joe P on August 27, 2021, 11:37:05 AM »
It was on the news last week the owners lowered the water so much that boats were sitting in the mud.

There's an ongoing lawsuit about the water level being to low!
The Hawg Forum / Jonhson's Pond?
« Last post by toadhunter on August 27, 2021, 08:54:25 AM »
Anyone on here know if the water level on Johnsons Pond is low enough to get under the Isle of Capri bridge?  @Mitz ?
The Hawg Forum / Re: Back on the quality bite
« Last post by Curt - RI on August 15, 2021, 12:15:50 PM »
Nice fish!
The Hawg Forum / Back on the quality bite
« Last post by toadhunter on August 14, 2021, 02:25:15 PM »
Got on a good bite this morning with a one two punch of a spinner and a spider grub. Boated a 15 1/2 lb limit, then switched to a river and caught 7 more on the spinner. Moving water has been a more reliable bite in the heat.
The Hawg Forum / Re: Humble Pie
« Last post by toadhunter on August 13, 2021, 06:14:46 PM »
@Tatsu Dave , redeemed myself two days later (see river outing), the pond I fished two days prior was small and the weeds were dying so the fish were sluggish. Moving water is always better in the heat.
« Last post by Tatsu Dave on August 13, 2021, 01:03:12 PM »
Look at every cast as the ONE, heat pretty warm up here and fish are chasing shad and crayfish. Whopper ploppers early and plastic stickbaits and creatures later, got back into grub fishing T-Rigged and thats been working well. Doubt many fish see grubs where I fish, keep fishing.......shallow early and late and deep or along heavy weed mats later.
« Last post by toadhunter on August 09, 2021, 02:19:09 PM »
@metz12 , just keep casting and try different water, you'll break the slump.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10