Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Hawg Forum / Forgotten fish
« Last post by toadhunter on Today at 10:23:06 AM »
Caught this fish 2 weeks ago and forgot to post it here. Fish were up at the inflow of this pond munching spinnerbaits. Even the small fish were stuffed with bait.
The Hawg Forum / Nice Weather!
« Last post by Joe P on October 15, 2021, 04:55:04 PM »
What fall weather we're having this year!  Was out today and water temps were still 68, crazy for mid Oct!

Fishing hasn't been as good as the weather though for me. I'm catching fish but not much for size.
The Hawg Forum / Re: My first tackle show!
« Last post by metz12 on September 30, 2021, 04:36:11 PM »
@toadhunter as far as I can see you wouldn't be able to bring the canoe. The derby is all from shore. But, since its free to the public, I really dont see why you couldnt park and bring the canoe in. Maybe an Ask for forgiveness instead of asking for permission sort of situation?  ;D ;D

It would still be great if you could come out to check it out.
« Last post by metz12 on September 29, 2021, 10:28:05 PM »
I can find out for you @toadhunter. It will kill me not to be able to fish in there while I am manning the table. Luckily my parents are going to come and help me out so MAYBE I can sneak away at some point to make a few casts  ;D

I have a couple of friends that have Canoes, or kayaks on that body of water. Just never linked up.

@Curt - RI If you can make it that would be awesome. Not sure how many guys like myself will be there selling baits, but who knows.
The Hawg Forum / Still froggin
« Last post by toadhunter on September 29, 2021, 03:50:34 PM »
It was 48 degrees this morning and I still managed to get some fish on the frog including this one.
« Last post by toadhunter on September 29, 2021, 03:47:02 PM »
@metz12 Can I bring my canoe and fish, or is it shore fishing only? Would be happy to donate if I could get on the water and catch some Smallies.
« Last post by Curt - RI on September 29, 2021, 10:41:57 AM »
Sounds like a great idea and a great event!

Not sure if I'll make it there, but you just never know!  (giggle)
The Hawg Forum / My first tackle show!
« Last post by metz12 on September 28, 2021, 05:29:56 PM »
Hi all, Its a bit last minute, but last weekend I was invited to the 1st annual Keeping Kids Fishing event at Camp Westwood, Coventry RI Saturday, October 2nd. I will have a table with a lot of the fishing lures I make, and probably will be making some right there. There was some talk about me actually bringing my lathe and doing some live turning too. I will also have a donation box at my table, and the money that is earned will go towards parts for lures that I will donate to the Keeping Kids Fishing program. Anyways if any of you guys wanted to take a ride, or are in the area, I would love for you to come by. And maybe even buy something  ;D ;D ;D  (giggle)

I will add an attachment for the flyer. Its put on by a local guy named John Graichen, who donates Rods, Reels and gear to kids and does teach a kid to fish events on the weekend throughout the spring summer and fall. Its a non Profit organization Primarily in the Coventry area. Awesome stuff he is doing.
The Hawg Forum / Re: Techniques and tactics for fall
« Last post by Curt - RI on September 26, 2021, 04:56:31 PM »
Most of the techniques that work during summer months will also work in the fall; most soft plastics, spinnerbaits, crankbaits, bladed jigs, weedless jigs, etc.

As water temps start to drop into the lower 50s and down into the 40s, you'll want to start switching things up a little, depending on how deep the water is where you fish.

Clearer lakes can be targeted with jerkbaits, smaller soft plastics and lipless crankbaits. Location is everything, so pay close attention to where you fish within a lake as much as what you fish with.
The Hawg Forum / Techniques and tactics for fall
« Last post by TomF2504 on September 26, 2021, 03:21:47 PM »
Hi all. I have been a spring / summer guy most of my life, but have been wanting to spend some time bass fishing this fall. I kayak fish and stick to the smaller ponds and lakes mostly. Any tips or techniques that you have had success with?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10