Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Hawg Forum / Re: Poll Regarding Your Personal Best Bass
« Last post by Curt - RI on Today at 01:13:25 PM »
Congamond is a great place!

Nice fish took @thirsty  :thumbup:
The Hawg Forum / Re: Poll Regarding Your Personal Best Bass
« Last post by thirsty on Today at 12:55:24 PM »
Mine was a 6#13oz LM at Congamond Lake in Southwick, MA.

Caught at about 2pm on a bluebird sky day. I think my buddy and I caught maybe 3 fish all day. Wacky rigged 5" green pumpkin senko (194). I thought I snagged a tree branch and slow rolled it in for about 10 feet, then it broke for weed cover. Good fight.

I hope to have a new PB I can post after next week!
The Hawg Forum / Re: Maine tour
« Last post by thirsty on Today at 12:43:42 PM »
Sweet! My wife and I are headed up there the second week of September with another couple. The boat is staying at home tho....
« Last post by Joe P on Today at 12:26:32 PM »
What lake are you headed up to?

Moosehead Lake area!
« Last post by thirsty on Today at 10:48:40 AM »
What lake are you headed up to?
« Last post by Joe P on Today at 10:28:22 AM »
Heading up there tomorrow 8)

Been to Weber once, caught a ton of fish but they were on the small side. Great Pond for smallmouths and Messalonskee if you want some pike action. That place is loaded with them!
China Lake is a great largemouth lake!  Cobbo is about the only lake in that area i haven't fished yet. I think the pressure and popularity of it has kept me away, some day though  :)
« Last post by Curt - RI on June 15, 2021, 03:04:29 PM »
@Joe P fishes in Maine annually.

@Eric-Maine lives there. Maybe he can help.

I have fished in Maine also, but way up the coast, around Ellsworth. And that was many years ago.
The Hawg Forum / Maine tour
« Last post by thirsty on June 15, 2021, 12:11:51 PM »
I live in midcoast Maine, Popham Beach area, Phippsburg. About an hour north of Portland.

My buddy is flying up from Atlanta Sunday, and we plan on fishing the whole next week. In the past we have gone up to the Penobscot and drifted down from Howland to Greenbush killing the smallies. The last 2 years though, the water has been ridiculously low, making it hard for a full size boat to pass in some areas, so we plan on skipping that this year and hitting some new haunts.

The plan is to fish Damariscotta Lake Monday, then drive to Cobbsee for the night bite. We have a motel room at Cobbsee M,T,W nights. Plan on fishing Cobbsee Tuesday, then trailering up to the Belgrade lakes for the next couple of days. Perhaps squeeze in Webber pond as well.

I live right next to the Kennebec, so we will finish up Friday and Saturday for stripers.

I have only lived in Maine for 5 years, and although fishing the Penobscot for maybe 10 years, I am not all too familiar with any of the other spots. I have fished Cobbsee a couple of times with my wife, but nothing ever very serious.

Also new to the forum, checking to see if anyone has any experience with these locations, and any specific areas to try.

A friend of mine came back from Champlain a week ago and said they killed em with Ned rigs on large rocks. What I do know of Cobbsee is there are a lot of huge rocks! So that may be our first approach.
The Hawg Forum / Re: Maine trip
« Last post by Curt - RI on June 15, 2021, 11:16:05 AM »
By the way, @thirsty Welcome to the site!
The Hawg Forum / Re: Maine trip
« Last post by Curt - RI on June 15, 2021, 11:15:24 AM »
What lake(s) in Maine?

I believe he fishes a lot of small lakes using a small Coleman Crawdad.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10