Author Topic: Humble Pie  (Read 398 times)

Offline toadhunter

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +13/-0
    • View Profile
Humble Pie
« on: August 07, 2021, 03:17:25 PM »
Ate a big slice of humble pie today. Luckily we hooked a couple of fish early and then it just shut off.
Owner, Toad Hunter Spinnerbaits

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
Re: Humble Pie
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 04:54:29 PM »
Today was tough. We found the bite nonexistent early, but it got better as the morning wore on.
Brutally Honest Fishing Tackle Reviews at TackleTest.com

Offline metz12

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • Northeastbass.com Rocks!
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB 6LBS 10 OZ Echo Lake RI SMB 3lbs 5oz. Watchaug pond RI
  • My Boat: 1988 Bass Tracker 45hp Mercury
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 01:29:36 PM »
I had a rough go yesterday. Been in a wicked late summer slump as of late. I have a buddy that wanted to do a little head to head deal since he just got back from working in Mass since this winter. We hit the water and in the first 20 minutes I had a fish in the box on a beaver. Then had a few little nibbles, moved offshore and caught small fish, after small fish, after small fish on the dropshot. One of those moments where I had to decide to stay and fight through the small fish, or try and find a bigger bite. As the sun went down the bite picked up. Luckily my partner was throwing a frog and landed a keeper, and a 4.9 hammer to seal the deal. Ill get ahold of some good fish here soon. Just have to get through this rough patch!!
I make baits, so when I fish, I am product testing! And when I am not using baits I make, I am researching.

Offline toadhunter

• Largemouth Bass
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 02:19:09 PM »
@metz12 , just keep casting and try different water, you'll break the slump.

Offline Tatsu Dave

• Guppy
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • Northeastbass.com Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2021, 01:03:12 PM »
Look at every cast as the ONE, heat pretty warm up here and fish are chasing shad and crayfish. Whopper ploppers early and plastic stickbaits and creatures later, got back into grub fishing T-Rigged and thats been working well. Doubt many fish see grubs where I fish, keep fishing.......shallow early and late and deep or along heavy weed mats later.

Offline toadhunter

• Largemouth Bass
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2021, 06:14:46 PM »
@Tatsu Dave , redeemed myself two days later (see river outing), the pond I fished two days prior was small and the weeds were dying so the fish were sluggish. Moving water is always better in the heat.