Author Topic: garmin force/ dakota lithium batteries  (Read 920 times)

Offline tritonmike

• Bluegill
  • Applause: +3/-0
  • I Love Northeastbass.Com!
    • View Profile
garmin force/ dakota lithium batteries
« on: March 21, 2021, 06:45:51 PM »
hey all, it's been a long winter!  I just waanted to give an update on my trolling motor / batteries. I bought the garmin force trolling motor last march and I used it all year, it is awesome! I love the power this thing has and it's so quiet! you don't hear the robotic servo noise like the ultrex has and the brushless motor is super quiet. it pulls my stratos 295 at a whopping 4.8 mph (gps) the anchor lock is spot on and the wireless foot pedal is really nice. I love everything about the garmin, the only thing i am not crazy about is the plastis skeg. it is mounted with 4 screws and replacable. I replaced it twice last year because i hit a rock and some wood. they only cost 19 bucks so its not too bad, i guess it was designed that way to protect the motor. if anyone wants a motor that has big balls this is the one for you!  Also at the same time i bought three 100ah lithium batteries from dakota lithium,they are very light (26lbs) so i got rid of about 150lbs off the back of my boat. I like to troll fast and move all day long. I ran the boat four 8hr tournies before i charged them up and they were charged in less than four hours. i would gladly recommend these batteries! so we will see how they do this year.

Offline Curt - NC

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
Re: garmin force/ dakota lithium batteries
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 06:24:43 PM »
Thanks for the update, Mike!

Glad to hear that you like everything you bought and that they are treating you well  :thumbup:
Brutally Honest Fishing Tackle Reviews at TackleTest.com

Offline Mitz

• Global Moderator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +70/-0
  • Work to fish. Until I can Fish for work!
    • View Profile
  • My Boat: 04 Tracker Avalanche, 115 Mercury
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 04:20:38 PM »
That is a killer setup  :thumbup:

Technology + Lithium Batteries = A Fun Day on the water  :nod:

Enjoy!

-Mitz

Offline tritonmike

• Bluegill
  • Applause: +3/-0
  • I Love Northeastbass.Com!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 04:58:09 PM »
yeah it's pretty sweet. I bought another dakota lithium battery just to run my garmin units and live scope. I found if you run livescope too long it will draw down the starting battery.

Offline Curt - NC

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2021, 11:10:06 AM »
I'm not anywhere near ready to drop the kind of money they want for lithium batteries. I know that some people can and will, but I can't justify it for myself. At least not yet. We'll see about the future...

I'm glad you're liking them, though, @tritonmike  :thumbup: :thumbup:
Brutally Honest Fishing Tackle Reviews at TackleTest.com