Author Topic: Biggest fish so far on one of the baits I made!  (Read 92 times)

Offline metz12

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • Northeastbass.com Rocks!
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB 6LBS 10 OZ Echo Lake RI SMB 3lbs 5oz. Watchaug pond RI
  • My Boat: 1988 Bass Tracker 45hp Mercury
Biggest fish so far on one of the baits I made!
« on: September 11, 2020, 06:08:50 PM »
So one of my buddies had the biggest fish that I know of on one of my topwater baits that I make. (I call them the SkitterWake) Not sure why they are considered a wakebait, but everyone wanted to call them a wakebait, so hey cant beat em Join em. His big fish hung around for a couple of months actually at 4.49. Anyways, the other night I was paralleling a reed bed and a 4.58 slammed my shorter profile, prototype baits. Its head and upper body came out of the water and I thought it was a lot bigger but when I got it in the boat, she was short and very stocky. Despite having a bait gut hooked very deep, and 8' of mono hanging out of its mouth  ::) I didnt want to go digging so I cut the access line off and let her go.

After a couple of pictures of course. Hopefully as the water cools a bit and the water levels go back up, I can get one in the 5 or 6lb class on one of these baits.
I make baits, so when I fish, I am product testing! And when I am not using baits I make, I am researching.

Offline Mitz

• Global Moderator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +70/-0
  • Work to fish. Until I can Fish for work!
    • View Profile
  • My Boat: 04 Tracker Avalanche, 115 Mercury
Re: Biggest fish so far on one of the baits I made!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 07:32:24 AM »
Nice Fish Matt! Better get to work those orders are going to start piling up! :thumbup:
-Mitz