Author Topic: Garmin Force trolling motor  (Read 2511 times)

Offline Bob W - RI

• SRIBA
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +96/-0
  • Get the NET !!
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: 7.19 lb LMB. Amos Lake, CT 2014
  • My Boat: Bass Tracker PT175
Re: Garmin Force trolling motor
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2020, 06:04:52 PM »
The livescope comes withe the transducer and a black box for the electronics for it. You still need a Garmin GMS-10 network hub so the units can share data. This is sold separately for about $200.00. I got mine from TH Marine seeing Basspro doesn't sell them. It comes with one RJ45 cable but I you willth need a second one. I got my extra cable at West marine. They come in 6ft and 20ft and have the Garmin nut over the connector. PM me if you want.
Snack Time !     Get the Net !  ><((((º>

Offline tritonmike

• Bluegill
  • Applause: +3/-0
  • I Love Northeastbass.Com!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2020, 10:05:09 PM »
Well, I got the garmin force trolling motor and I'm happy to report that I love the thing! It's very responsive with the wireless foot pedal and the anchor loc is spot on. I tried it in the river with crazy current and it held it right there. The motor pulls my stratos 295 at 4.8 mph crazy!! And it's totally silent!! You cannot hear the servo's when steering the boat and you can't hear the motor running at all! even at top speed all you hear is the water running off the boat. I also have the lithium ino batteries by Dakota lithium. I used the trolling motor three days for a total of about 22 hours fishing and the batteries still had 98 percent charge!! and I ran it hard and in current and wind,plus used the anchor loc a bunch. then I charged the batteries back up to 100 percent in about two hours! Can't beat that! I'm very happy with it so far and for someone like me that likes to fish fast it sweet! Also the panoptics livescan is unbelievable! I'm still learning how to tune it in but I could see fish swimming around submerged weeds and you can even see you lure! Well I hope you all stay safe and get out for some fresh air and fishing!

Offline Joe P

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +106/-0
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: 8 lbs 11 oz RI
  • My Boat: 2018 Ranger RT 198P & Evinrude G2 150 HO
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2020, 10:51:03 AM »
Sounds like a nice setup :thumbup:  Garmin has really stepped up they're game lately!

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2020, 12:19:08 PM »
@tritonmike Really glad to hear it! Glad you like it and glad to hear that it was money well spent  :thumbup:

Please continue to keep us updated in tye coming months, both with positive and negative feedback  :nod:

Offline tritonmike

• Bluegill
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2020, 07:03:34 PM »

yes I will continue to keep all informed on these products. the one feature on the garmin force trolling motor that I'm not crazy about is the skeg, it's plastic and removable with 4 screws. I know I'm gonna whack something and rip it off lol. so the replacement skegs are 19 dollars and I bought a couple spares just in case. their thinking on this is that it would do less damage to the motor itself if you hit something hard?!? time will tell on that.

Offline Bob W - RI

• SRIBA
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +96/-0
  • Get the NET !!
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: 7.19 lb LMB. Amos Lake, CT 2014
  • My Boat: Bass Tracker PT175
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2020, 07:20:36 PM »
Nice job and good luck.
I am sure the more you use all of it, the more you going to like it.

Bob W
Snack Time !     Get the Net !  ><((((º>

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2020, 11:41:30 AM »
the one feature on the garmin force trolling motor that I'm not crazy about is the skeg, it's plastic

That is kind of odd, but I guess I can sort of understand their logic when it comes to sacrificing the skeg to protect the actual lower end of the trolling motor. It'll definitely be interesting to see how that works out for you, especially fishing places with lots of boulders  :hmm:

And thanks for the continued updates. Much appreciated  :thumbup:

Offline tritonmike

• Bluegill
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2020, 09:09:18 PM »

well, I have gotten to use my garmin trolling motor about a dozen times now and I am happy to report that it works awesome! I love the anchor lock feature it keeps my boat spot on! the only thing I don't like is the skeg, it's made out of plastic. they say it protects the motor from taking a hit?! it bolts on with four screws and the replacement skegs cost 19 dollars. I just scraped the bottom in a cove and it took the skeg right off. so needless to say I bought two more spares for future accidents. other than that its great I love the way all the wiring is hidden and with the remote pedal there's no big loop of cables to get caught up on. also the Dakota lithium batteries are sick! I fished four days with out charging them. then it only took 3 hours to charge them back up. it's full power all the time.

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2020, 09:31:00 AM »
I just scraped the bottom in a cove and it took the skeg right off.

Well, that's not good! Hopefully they will improve the material so they don't break as easily.  :yes:

I love the way all the wiring is hidden

Sounds like some good planning went into this part of it. Definitely a good idea  :thumbup:

with the remote pedal there's no big loop of cables to get caught up on

So, is the foot pedal wireless? If so, what powers it?

the Dakota lithium batteries are sick

Gad to hear you like them, @tritonmike !! The price is still way out of reach for me, but at least I know they're a good product  :thumbup:

Thanks for posting your feedback on it so far  :yes:

Offline Joe P

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +106/-0
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: 8 lbs 11 oz RI
  • My Boat: 2018 Ranger RT 198P & Evinrude G2 150 HO
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2020, 09:45:41 AM »
Hearing a lot of good reviews on this motor!  Glad you like it  :thumbup:

Offline tritonmike

• Bluegill
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2020, 02:21:05 PM »

I love the trolling motor so far. and yes the foot pedal is wireless it runs on 2 AA batteries that are supposed to last all season. it also comes with a cord and plug so you can wire to your boat power if you want.