Author Topic: "We won't get fooled again"  (Read 252 times)

Offline toadhunter

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +12/-0
    • View Profile
"We won't get fooled again"
« on: November 10, 2019, 01:52:35 PM »
The fish have a knack for throwing us a curve-ball every now and then. So when I left the house this morning and it was 28 degrees i thought the fish should be on humps 8 to 10 feet deep eating crankbaits and jerkbaits. After a half hour with no activity I decided to go to shore and throw my spinnerbait. Every fish i caught was in 3 to 5 feet of water and nearly pulled the rod from my hands. So listen to the Who and don't get fooled. 
Owner, Toad Hunter Spinnerbaits

Offline metz12

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • Northeastbass.com Rocks!
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB 6LBS 10 OZ Echo Lake RI SMB 2lbs 5oz. Watchaug pond RI
  • My Boat: 1987 Bass Tracker 45hp Mercury
Re: "We won't get fooled again"
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 05:27:19 PM »
They for sure are still feeding! I got a short, and stocky 3 pounder Friday on the Chatterbait. For some reason this place I fish they dont like the spinnerbait, but love the chatterbait. Just like you, it chased it in, hit it like a freight train, and was in about 3 FOW. You can tell by my picture I was by the bank, due to the trees.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 05:29:09 PM by metz12 »

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 10:19:17 AM »
I'm not surprised. Not that they shouldn't be out a bit deeper by now, but I always say that the bass don't read the books. They are where they are on any given day  (giggle)

@toadhunter and @metz12 Nice fish!

Offline Joe P

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +106/-0
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: 8 lbs 11 oz RI
  • My Boat: 2018 Ranger RT 198P & Evinrude G2 150 HO
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 10:30:02 AM »
I was out last week and the water temps were still 55 - 57. Would of expected colder temps by now!

Offline toadhunter

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +12/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 04:32:47 PM »
@metz12 , solid fish. @ProvidenceBassHunter throws the chatterbait a lot and some ponds he always seems to find the big fish of the day with it.
Owner, Toad Hunter Spinnerbaits

Offline metz12

• Smallmouth Bass
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 05:20:57 PM »
@toadhunter I hear all the time how people catch big fish on chatterbaits. I have never found it. Its really more of a numbers bait for me. I may have 2 or 3 fish at or just above 3lbs on the chatterbait. I throw a spinnerbait more often, and that is a bigger fish producer for me then a chatterbait. But when the chatterbait bite is on, I usually land at least 3 or 4 fish on it. @Curt - RI got a pretty much a 6 pounder over in CT this summer when we fished over there in a tourney. Last year in 2018, the chatterbait was a big producer for me, and put the most fish in my boat by far, and hardly any on the spinnerbait. This year it was the spinnerbait. That put the most, and biggest fish in the boat for me this year.

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 08:53:00 PM »
@metz12 I'm trying to remember where and when that was. Please refresh my memory, since I seem to be having a brain fart  (giggle)

Offline metz12

• Smallmouth Bass
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2019, 03:26:40 PM »
@Curt - RI Didn't you catch that big guy at one of our night tourneys on a Bladed Jig? Or am I just making up random memories in my head? LOL I thought I remember talking with you, after the fact because I had a few of my fish on the chatterbait that night.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 08:21:56 PM by Curt - RI »

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2019, 08:22:56 PM »
@Curt - RI Didn't you catch that big guy at one of our night tourneys on a Bladed Jig? Or am I just making up random memories in my head? LOL I thought I remember talking with you, after the fact because I had a few of my fish on the chatterbait that night.

Nope. The big fish was on a creature bait. My other fish that night hit a bladed jig. I had a feeling that might have been the fish you were referring to.

Offline metz12

• Smallmouth Bass
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2019, 06:40:35 PM »
@Curt - RI Ahh now I gotcha! The beaver is a bigger fish bait for myself, and the chatterbait isnt a big fish bait for me. Makes sense! I think that fish I caught last week off the bank on the chatterbait is my biggest fish I have caught on it.

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2019, 03:59:06 PM »
@Curt - RI Ahh now I gotcha! The beaver is a bigger fish bait for myself, and the chatterbait isnt a big fish bait for me. Makes sense! I think that fish I caught last week off the bank on the chatterbait is my biggest fish I have caught on it.

I've caught some decent fish on the bladed jigs, but nothing monstrous yet. I'm sure it will come as time goes by though!