Author Topic: The YoYo Effect  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Curt - NC

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
The YoYo Effect
« on: March 18, 2019, 11:02:48 AM »
So now we're at that time of year where we watch the weather patterns and the temperatures bounce up and down and then up again for the next several weeks!

Always an adventure as lakes start opening up and we break our boats out of the mothballs  :yes:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 10:54:03 AM by Curt - RI »
Brutally Honest Fishing Tackle Reviews at TackleTest.com

Offline Brazzy

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • Northeastbass.com Rocks!
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB 8lbs 4oz, SMB 5lbs 0oz
  • My Boat: 2018 Tracker 195 TXW - 150 Mercury
Re: The YoYo Effect
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 10:32:29 AM »
Always an adventure. You say yoyo effect and I immediately thought "lipless crankbait". but yeah you are right. Couple of years ago we had a warm front move in and I took the shrink wrap off my boat and the next week we got snow dumped on us. This weekend is starting to look a little nicer but it will still be cold and windy. I know the cape is open water right now but most places here in northern RI are still ice. Next week is supposed to be warm as well so I think this weekend I will be prepping the boat for next week.

At the same time my go-to fishing hole (singletary) is undergoing a face lift at the ramp and it wont be open until May, so I will likely be looking for new water.
Bear Hill Baits

Offline Curt - NC

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
Re: The YoYo Effect
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 10:55:19 AM »
You say yoyo effect and I immediately thought "lipless crankbait"

LOL... I didn't think of that when i wrote the post, but yes, that's also a good connection to the term  :nod:
Brutally Honest Fishing Tackle Reviews at TackleTest.com