Author Topic: New Bass Pro Tour!  (Read 935 times)

Offline Eric-Maine

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +40/-0
  • I love NorthEast Bass!
    • View Profile
Re: New Bass Pro Tour!
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2019, 05:15:14 PM »
I am somewhat ashamed to say I watched it all except what I missed rebooting and watching that darn Lowrance commercial again and again. Going to be in Florida soon and learned some new baits and retrieves.
Anyway aren't they going to produce a show from the footage?  Sunday's show with cameras on everyone was much better than when they were trying to track 40.
Pretty sure we didn't see Ike's reaction as it wasn't fit for live ;)

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2019, 06:30:47 PM »
Pretty sure we didn't see Ike's reaction as it wasn't fit for live ;)

I wouldn't have any doubts at all about that  :facepalm:

Offline Joe P

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +106/-0
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: 8 lbs 11 oz RI
  • My Boat: 2018 Ranger RT 198P & Evinrude G2 150 HO
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2019, 09:47:26 AM »
I don't think there was much more to it other than a couple f-bombs dropped, what i saw live was nothing. 

I heard more f-bombs from other anglers during the week as they don't always know when they are live  :)   

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2019, 09:55:48 AM »
I don't think there was much more to it other than a couple f-bombs dropped, what i saw live was nothing. 

I heard more f-bombs from other anglers during the week as they don't always know when they are live  :)   

I'm guessing they'll be working on sorting all of that out as they move forward too, especially in light of the fact that part of their goal is to make MLF more spectator-friendly and have the anglers become role models for kids, as in other sports. Time will tell..  :hmm:

Offline Brazzy

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • Northeastbass.com Rocks!
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB 8lbs 4oz, SMB 5lbs 0oz
  • My Boat: Tracker 195 TXW - 150 Mercury
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2019, 12:19:57 PM »
and thats the thing. I think when it comes to the show it should be kid friendly. You have to love the raw emotion the goes into this. As for Ike, they did cut away and went to the guys in the booth to talk about it. Im sure Ike carried on about it beyond the couple of F bombs. He didnt do a "post game interview" either. So he was definitely a bit salty about it. I am actually looking forward to the next Ike Live because he will definitely address it.

In terms of the direction. I definitely love this. If they turn it into all 40 boats having a camera and kind of take a page out of NBC's book for Sunday Night Football they would be on to something. I dont know if anyone has tried this, but NBC will do a live stream of the broadcast on their website but at any time you can pick which camera you want to view. If they could do that with MLF and give the viewer the option to pick which anglers they want to watch that would be incredible.
Bear Hill Baits

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2019, 09:23:11 PM »
If they could do that with MLF and give the viewer the option to pick which anglers they want to watch that would be incredible.

Bingo!

Not sure if it'll happen, but they'd seriously be onto something then  :yes: