Author Topic: Got a Good One  (Read 1503 times)

Offline Brazzy

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • Northeastbass.com Rocks!
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB 8lbs 4oz, SMB 5lbs 0oz
  • My Boat: 2018 Tracker 195 TXW - 150 Mercury
Got a Good One
« on: July 03, 2018, 11:17:44 AM »
Recent tournament. Got the lunker and the win. Got this one flipping my tube. Weighed in at 6lbs 8oz, which was disappointing because of how skinny she was. The mouth, eyes, head had the makings to be in the 8 range, but she was all spawned out. Hopefully we will meet again.

Bear Hill Baits

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
Re: Got a Good One
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 11:34:07 AM »
Great fish! And catching it during a tourney is a plus!  :thumbup:

Offline Joe P

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +106/-0
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: 8 lbs 11 oz RI
  • My Boat: 2018 Ranger RT 198P & Evinrude G2 150 HO
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 01:58:51 PM »
Still a good one :thumbup:

How are you liking the new Tracker so far?

Offline Brazzy

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • Northeastbass.com Rocks!
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB 8lbs 4oz, SMB 5lbs 0oz
  • My Boat: 2018 Tracker 195 TXW - 150 Mercury
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 02:53:58 PM »
I really like it. I got her loaded down pretty good with the electronics and 2 talons so I knew it would affect speed and she tops out at about 53-55mph. So I am happy about that. In terms of stability its really wide and the front deck is enormous (specs say its 39 sq ft). Im starting to get away from the pedestal (unless its windy) because the freedom to move around the huge front deck is such a plus. This is especially when flipping with a co-angler. Both people can move freely on the front deck. Rod storage, and storage in general,  is leaps and bounds over the 175. I carry 13 rods right now and could probably fit another 4 or 5 in there. In terms of storage it holds everything I need and still has room for my co-angers obnoxious tackle bag.

The little things on it really make a difference. The push button lighting on the side of the console and the lights in the live well are nice touches. BPS did a nice job configuring it with a Helix 12 on the front and the 7 on the back. I also have a Hydrowave on it and I am still experimenting with it and will post something about it soon.  So far the one downside I have found on this boat is the trolling motor. It gets the job done most of the time, but isnt powerful enough to truly control a boat that size. On calm days I have no issue and with a weedless wedge and ninja grass blades I have no issues with any vegetation, but Ive been out on a couple of windy days and it had its struggles. So my next upgrade will likely be the trolling motor and get up to 24v. Outside of that its been a dream. The BPS VIP card and $750 gift card didnt hurt either. The VIP card gives me 10% off anything at BPS and 20% off any BPS branded items. So overall, I am happy with the purchase.
Bear Hill Baits

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 06:36:51 PM »
@Brazzy Glad you're liking the new boat!  :thumbup: