Author Topic: Spring tournament season  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
Re: Spring tournament season
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2018, 03:04:27 PM »
It is a haul but you can get there in just under 2 hours with light traffic! 

Wow! I had no idea. Thanks Joe!

Offline Eric-Maine

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +40/-0
  • I love NorthEast Bass!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2018, 06:12:26 PM »
0 for 3
Unbelievable to me that my jerk bait would produce exactly 0 bass Saturday on Great Pond. Spent most of the day shallow, thinking my big smallies would come in. Apparently they missed the appointment on my calender.  Had to start deep due to an hour fog induced headway speed only. Caught a 3 plus smallie in 35 ' and a few "shorts" Prior to start my partner and I decided that 2 pounds 12 oz would be minimum size to put in the livewell. After the hour and we were free to blast we ran to our first spot. Immediately caught a 3 1/2 largemouth on a chatterbait. Good but wrong color. Need brown fish there too. Lost a Lucky Craft to a pike but fished and fished with no reward. Late morning we ran out deep for a few. Graphed them right to the bottom but had trouble getting them to bite. Finally caught another that met  our minimum. We went back to plan A and fished and fished and fished .....can you say stuck on stupid? Lol. At 2 PM with 2 hours to go with 3 in the boat we went back to deep (25-35). Pulled up on a waypoint and caught a 3 pound 12 oz. Apparantly that fired up the school  and we caught and caught. Nearly every cast for 30 minutes. We lowered our standards a bit and did put some between 2 and 3 in the well. (Beggers can't be choosers) Ended up with a bit over 20 pounds for 7. About 8 pounds off my goal but less than 4 pounds off the win. Could of, should of,would of. Going fun fishing there next week. " My" fish will be on  :facepalm:

Offline Brazzy

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • Northeastbass.com Rocks!
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB 8lbs 4oz, SMB 5lbs 0oz
  • My Boat: Tracker 195 TXW - 150 Mercury
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2018, 08:22:08 AM »
I was ion the same boat on Saturday thinking they would be moving in a bit. Started shallow... nothing.. went out deep... nothing. I was able to scrounge a bag and get a win in 14-17 feet of water on jerkbaits and a wigglewart.
Bear Hill Baits

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2018, 10:23:05 AM »
It's amazing what the fish will tell us if we just "listen"  (giggle)

Been there, done that too, just like we all have from time to time  :nod: