Author Topic: Quabbin Toaday 10 August 17  (Read 623 times)

Offline DA TOAD

• Guppy
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • Northeastbass.com Rocks!
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: Largemouth 8lb 3oz...1978...Central Mass...Smallmouth 5lb 9oz Quabbin 2012. I primarily target smallmouth and trout.
  • My Boat: 18' Lund Alaskan,Merc 25HP Tiller, ONIX 10 Touch, only used on the Quabbin. 14' Lund SSV 10HP Merc Tiller for all other places
Quabbin Toaday 10 August 17
« on: August 10, 2017, 05:43:44 PM »
Hit Quabbin with my friend Fran today. Only fished from 6:30 till 10:30. Hotter than Hades when the fog burned off and the breeze stopped so we pulled lines in favor of an air conditioned truck.

Started off swell with several great hits but  all drops and Fran lost a beauty on jump 30 feet from the boat. Then everything went to pot.

I managed to bring in a 2.5 lb smallmouth in the last ten minutes. Fran needs, some lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide to the stink off.

In addition I kicked his butt in cribbage all afternoon. He left Toad's abode with his tail between his legs....as it should be.

All in all a great day. 🤣
A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one and don't have one you will probably never need one again.

Offline Crestliner

• Guppy
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • Northeastbass.com Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Quabbin Toaday 10 August 17
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 10:57:04 AM »
Tough fishing in that heat for sure. Glad to see you two got out anyway.
"A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure"

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
Re: Quabbin Toaday 10 August 17
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 01:26:09 PM »
Those dog days are better spent in cool places and fishing after dark, although I'm sure that's not an option a the Q.