Author Topic: ct.tournament permits  (Read 1358 times)

Offline tritonmike

• Bluegill
  • Applause: +3/-0
  • I Love Northeastbass.Com!
    • View Profile
ct.tournament permits
« on: June 19, 2017, 04:57:08 PM »
hey all, all the permit filers in ct have received an email from bill foreman of the ct fisheries division regarding violations. they are getting reports of people going over the limits of boats permitted at the launch,also not letting the public launch and load in a timely fashion. I guess there were a few complaints about pachaug pond and ct river ,bashan and candlewood as well as other locations. at one tourney they were 6 boats over the limit so the last 6 that signed up got 135 dollar fines. so,if anyone is planning a tourney on a ct lake or pond be careful to abide by the permit limitations. they also said the permitee could lose their rights to pull permits and also their fishing,hunting and trapping license's. just thought this might be helpful for anyone planning a tourney in ct. they will be checking permits at the launches. I hope this helps out !

Offline Eric-Maine

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +40/-0
  • I love NorthEast Bass!
    • View Profile
Re: ct.tournament permits
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 09:49:48 PM »
Shouldn't the tournament organization get the fine? How is the angler signing up in the morning to know conditions of the permit? Not to mention why is a potential boater shown more regard than the actual boater in the lot?

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 10:32:20 AM »
I got that same email regarding recent problems with CT permits and tourneys. The first thing I did was email Bill Foreman and verify that none of the complaints were about my club. He confirmed that there had been no complaints about us.

But, it's obvious that some clubs or tournament organizers are blatantly breaking rules.

As for fines being issued, I didn't ask him about this. It does seem odd that anglers would be fined and not the tournament organizer. After all, it's the organizer that's responsible for abiding by parking limitations.

Offline tritonmike

• Bluegill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 01:41:15 PM »
im not sure of the reason why but I was told by someone that was there and got a fine. it's hard to turn away guys at the night tourneys when there is no other people using the launch but it's something we have to do now. I usually let a couple extra guys fish over my permit limit but now they are being more strict with it so it sucks for the guys that get out of work late and rush to get there. I noticed a RI  club has a tourney at amos this weekend and they have a permit for the max which is 13,but they advertise that they are taking 20 boats. they need to be careful cuase the deep will be checking us out.

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 05:35:41 PM »
I noticed a RI  club has a tourney at amos this weekend and they have a permit for the max which is 13,but they advertise that they are taking 20 boats. they need to be careful cuase the deep will be checking us out.

I know who it is that's running that tourney. @Bassaholic also belongs to that club. Hopefully they will abide by the permit limits and nobody gets in trouble. Aside from the permit limitations, 20 boats is a lot for a lake the size of Amos, in my opinion.

Offline tritonmike

• Bluegill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 07:49:24 AM »
I agree that 20 boats is really crowded at amos. I think because of the complaints received the deep is goin to keep an eye on things. I certainly don't want to lose my privledges over a permit violations. hopefully everyone will play nice and things will calm down. we don't want people thinking tournament anglers are a bunch of jerks lol.

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 11:55:49 AM »
we don't want people thinking tournament anglers are a bunch of jerks lol.

@tritonmike  Agree 100%. Unfortunately, even bass fishing has its share of jerks  ::)