Author Topic: Wordens Pond?  (Read 1517 times)

Offline GetSome87 - CT

• Guppy
  • Applause: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • My Boat: 2012 Tracker 175TXW with a little 60horse Merc
Wordens Pond?
« on: September 18, 2015, 11:37:32 AM »
Hey everyone. Anyone know if Wordens got water? Figured with no rain and alot of heat and being a shallow pond that it would be skinny. Anyone know for sure? Coming up tommorow hoping to fish it. Thanks
Get Some!

Offline Curt - NC

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
Re: Wordens Pond?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 02:22:39 PM »
I haven't been by there in a long time, but I can almost guarantee that the ramp is unusable due to low water. It happens most summers, and especially during summers that are as dry as this one has been.

Heck, even Watchaug is tough to launch at right now! It can be done, but you have to get in the water to launch and load, and if you get too far off the hole at the bottom of the launch, you'll get stranded on the sand and have a heck of a time getting off of it.

So my suggestion would be to plan on going somewhere other than Wordens, unless of course someone else has been by there recently and can verify that there's enough water to launch.
Brutally Honest Fishing Tackle Reviews at TackleTest.com

Offline Jeff Antenucci

• Guppy
  • Northeastbass.com Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 06:22:39 PM »

I drive by everyday after I get out of class, and what Curt said sums it up perfectly.

But I do see some boats almost everyday, although nothing over about 15 feet -- and they do have to get in the water to launch and load the boats.

Offline GetSome87 - CT

• Guppy
    • View Profile
  • My Boat: 2012 Tracker 175TXW with a little 60horse Merc
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 09:43:35 PM »
thats what i figured. thanks for the info guys. ended up goin cod fishin with my father anyway
Get Some!