Author Topic: dozen jumpin smallies  (Read 7796 times)

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
Re: dozen jumpin smallies
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2011, 12:25:41 PM »
LOL.. looks like you guys have a good time fishing together :)

Offline Pete - MA/ME

• Guppy
  • Applause: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 12:03:13 PM »
Ya, we really do.  Very casual and fun when i get him to go with me.  trouble is he's a fair weather fisherman only.
So any wind, rain, or whatever and he doesn't go.  Hehe, i bought him his fishin licenses to help guilt him into going with me more.
Whats even funnier, is the fact that pretty much all the fish he's holding are ones i caught, and he's takin off and having me take pics of them for him buddies.
They think he's KVD or something with all the pics he got!  He does catch his fair share too.
Topwater Smallies!

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 12:25:50 PM »
Whats even funnier, is the fact that pretty much all the fish he's holding are ones i caught, and he's takin off and having me take pics of them for him buddies.

They think he's KVD or something with all the pics he got!

ha ha. Too funny!  :D

Offline Pete - MA/ME

• Guppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2011, 03:53:36 PM »
Even better is him and his buddies don't fish a lot.  On a few occasions though, we'll all fished together last yr, as the season went on.   Slowly as we'd meet up again, they'd talk about all the fish they catch, and how big they are when they were here last without us.  My brother brings a small dig. fishing scale, the next time we get together, as they kept claiming 3-6lb LMB & SMB.
As I fish out off a point, and they off a retaining wall, I watch my brother measure and weight every fish they are catching. (I caught a few estimated around and below, but nothing over the 2lb mark.) They seemed to be getting a few nice fish over there, mostly LMB, but even a nice SMB i figured made the cut.   Nope.  There's my brother, exclaiming each one to be 1-2 lbs.  I'm thinking...  man, they're that skinny here in the fall?  oh well...
Then I get a huge smallmouth, yelling for my bro to get over here, as soon as i had her in my hands.  Sweet.  Lets be quick. Hand her up over the wall to Mike, he hooks her on...   I'm waiting...    "You did it, its at 2-2-2 pounds".  I think to myself? Hubba wha? 2 1/4 lbs?  I'm holding the thing in my hands, putting her back in the water!  It's a pig!
So, I climb up the wall, ask for the scale nicely, look at for a bit...
"Hey Mike", i said kinda softly so just he can hear me, " you might wanna hit the button from kilograms over to pounds!  Just don't tell them 'til we leave, cause you been givin them crap this whole time!"   LOL       
Topwater Smallies!

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2011, 04:27:01 PM »
That's stinkin' hilarious  ;D  ;D

Would love to have that on video!

Offline Matt L

• SRIBA
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +23/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2011, 04:29:20 PM »
That is too friggin funny Pete!!!! lol
Don't let that stinking bass get away!!!!!

Offline Pete - MA/ME

• Guppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 08:55:52 AM »
Finally found the pics for that night, so here's the smallie that my bro said weighed 2 1/4 lbs!
(and no, that's not another new hair-do...  it's an insect net on my head, hehe...
Topwater Smallies!

Offline RAYZCT

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +22/-0
  • Hawg Forum Rod Building Guru
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: 6lb 5 oz LMB 5lb 6 oz SMB
  • My Boat: Tracker 170 25hp 4 stroke
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 12:21:14 PM »
Did the same thing with my new scale this spring, had in on kg.  Just mutilpy the kg by2.2 and that gives the lbs.
Z-Man Custom Rods & Rod Repair