Author Topic: Cold front bass  (Read 114 times)

Offline toadhunter

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +12/-0
    • View Profile
Cold front bass
« on: October 14, 2018, 02:21:05 PM »
@ProvidenceBassHunter and I fished two ponds today(2hrs ea) and it was slow, only managing 10 fish between us. It was 37 degrees when we started but at least I was able to land this nice one to help lessen the pain a little. 
Owner, Toad Hunter Spinnerbaits

Online Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
Re: Cold front bass
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 07:06:30 PM »
Definitely way cold this morning, even down here in the southern end of RI.

Great job landing 10 bass today.  :thumbup:

Offline metz12

• Bluegill
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • Northeastbass.com Rocks!
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB 6LBS 10 OZ Echo Lake RI SMB 2lbs 5oz. Watchaug pond RI
  • My Boat: 1987 Bass Tracker 45hp Mercury
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 07:48:41 AM »
Nicely done! And congrats on getting your cast off!  I fished echo lake yesterday with a buddy. We thought we were doing terrible. My buddy almost said to me to dump our fish and leave. I caught 2 fish right off the bat in the first half hour, then someone turned the switch off. We went dry for hours. Then he picked up another keeper on a crankbait. I had one more short on the day. No pickerel, no perch, no crappie which was really odd for echo. Talked to another guy that fished just with his trolling motor, because he had outboard issues, and he said he had to have caught 15 pickerel. Him and us came in almost dead nuts with a whopping 3 fish for 4 pounds! We squeaked by by an ounce or so. 2nd place! one boat came in with a limit, for a whole 7.9pounds. lunker was 2 1/2. He had one fish, 2 boats had 3, and another had 2. then the team who won with 5. Echo normally you need a good 12 pound bag to win, and this totally was not the case! That cold really did a number on us for sure!!

Offline toadhunter

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +12/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 07:55:26 AM »
@metz12 , my trolling motor died(electric switch) in the last hour, only had reverse so I had to switch the polarity to limp back to the ramp. All fixed now.
Owner, Toad Hunter Spinnerbaits

Offline ProvidenceBassHunter

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • If you dont bass fish then why are you talking to
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: Huge 4 pounder it was more like a 10
  • My Boat: Kayak
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 09:15:35 AM »
I have to come clean everyone I can?t live this lie anymore I caught one fish @toadhunter got the rest of the 9 it was a struggle after the first 2 hours or so my goal was basically to get the skunk out of the back of the boat he might be a little better fishermen then me but I?m just going to blame it on the 2 nights in the high 30s that kept the fish from biting my bait. Hey there is allways the next trip  :thumbup: