Author Topic: Pros on fishing shows  (Read 1486 times)

Offline flippy

• Bluegill
  • Applause: +4/-0
    • View Profile
Pros on fishing shows
« on: January 15, 2011, 10:12:00 AM »
I was watching Bill Dance this morning on TV, Is it me or does he fish ponds where nobody else fishes?? I never see another boat on his shows, and it appears he fishes ponds, not lakes, I mean good for him, making money on these shows, and catching quality fish, Now Roland Martin, I see him fishing in Florida to Erie, His shows seem more realistic, Hes on huge bodies of water catching fish, Charlie Moore, The Crazy Fisherman, Now heres a guy that fishes all over Northern New England, And he calls 2lbers a PIG, I really like Iaconneli, he goes to cities, where people say there are no fish and catches them, usually, and hes doing this between his tourny schedule with BASS, and finally Lindner fishing, heres a guy that goes after many species, and seems very knowledgable, on everything he is fishing for, 

Offline Jay

• Bluegill
  • Applause: +7/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Pros on fishing shows
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 10:43:09 AM »
Watch all of those shows,but like everybody I enjoy some more than others. Love City Limits, Fishing the Great Lakes, and Al Linder's show. My favorites are actually the saltwater fishing shows. My top of the line show is Addictive Fishing, it must be the fact that I still have some saltwater in my blood. I also enjoy Hunt for Big Fish!

Offline Joe P

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +106/-0
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: 8 lbs 11 oz RI
  • My Boat: 2018 Ranger RT 198P & Evinrude G2 150 HO
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 11:40:08 AM »
I read an interview Bill Dance did a year or so ago. He claims he films on private waters because he gets hassled too much on public waters. Probably true but the other guys manage ok ::)

Offline flippy

• Bluegill
  • Applause: +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 12:03:35 PM »
Joe, that makes sense, thats why he catches alot of big fish, BUT, he is sponsered by many companies, you would think these sponsers would want him to be out in the public, thats part of the job when you are sponsered, I fish private ponds, and I catch quality fish, and its not hard, these fish dont see many lures of any types, I was fishing a tourny on Champlain 3 years ago, I found an awesome weedline, as I was flippin the weedline a boat pulled up and I saw a camera man get up, and a helicopter flying around, guess who it was????? KEVIN VANDAM, he asked me if I was going to fish it long I said no, We talked for about 5 minutes, Now he is fishing a big tourny, and he still talked for about 5 minutes, of coarse he was flingin that crankbait, I caught a fish and as I turned around he was maybe 100 yds past me, WOW, talk powerfishin, this boy moves, Anyway he actually talked, while he fished, he didnt have to do that, So, My buddy in Fl, was at a BASS tourny on Kissimmee, and he was talkin to VANDAM after the weigh in, He had mentioned that I, had talked to him on the water, and son of a gun, Vandam remembered, He told my buddy that I was on 1 of his best found weedlines, for the week, He remembered the boat I was in, and even the hat I was wearing, I am proud of that.

Offline Alex - RI

• Guppy
  • Applause: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 01:43:50 PM »
talkin to VANDAM after the weigh in, He had mentioned that I, had talked to him on the water, and son of a gun, Vandam remembered, He told my buddy that I was on 1 of his best found weedlines, for the week, He remembered the boat I was in, and even the hat I was wearing, I am proud of that.

They are normal guys just like us, only we bust our hump to make our money.  Glad KVD is a stand up guy and realises that.  It is always nice to bump into someone that has money and is on TV and finding out that they are down to earth people.  It is kind of rare these days.  Not to get of topic but I bumped in to James Woods last year and he was a VERY nice, humble guy.