Author Topic: Bayou Boogie  (Read 6671 times)

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
Re: Bayou Boogie
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2011, 07:08:50 PM »
Wow.. awesome job!!

Be sure to show us any others that you do during the winter too :)

Offline Bob W - RI

• SRIBA
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +96/-0
  • Get the NET !!
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: 7.19 lb LMB. Amos Lake, CT 2014
  • My Boat: Bass Tracker PT175
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2011, 03:33:33 PM »
  Looks very nice! Great winter hobby! Do you make different sizes and lures? Post a few more pictures if you can.

Bob W.
Snack Time !     Get the Net !  ><((((º>

Offline Matt L

• SRIBA
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +23/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2011, 09:00:13 AM »
John, that looks absolutely awesome. You will have to let us know how it does on the water! Colors look great! Did you paint that by hand???
Don't let that stinking bass get away!!!!!

lexbassbuzzin

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2011, 09:44:27 AM »
Thanks guys.

Bob, I haven't made a lipped crank in a long time. I generally make lipless cranks, dog walkers, poppers, spinnerbaits, buzzbaits and jigs for the most part. I actually just finished a dog walker about a month ago prior to this and the propbait.

As far as painting this one. The face and cupped part are 2 different colors and was painted by hand. The blood gills are also painted by hand. The top, bottom and clear coat are sprayed. The sides is - a new technique to me - photo finished. You can't see the top and bottom on this, but it's crackled which looks really nice.

I didn't spend that much time on it since I posted it in its primed stage due to the holidays, but I was very happy with the way it came out. I know I like the way it hunted when I tested it out prior to the ice, but we'll see if it's a fish catcher this spring.

Again, thank you for veiwing this as well as your suggestions and opinions. You really helped me out.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 09:46:43 AM by lexbassbuzzin »