Author Topic: Bowdish Reservior Open  (Read 4377 times)

Offline Hoist-N-Hawgs

• Guppy
  • Applause: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Bowdish Reservior Open
« on: August 11, 2010, 11:12:48 AM »
Hey guys, Permit pulled for Bowdish reservior.  September 11th, from 2pm-10pm. Trolling motor only, 15 foot boats and under, 10 boat max, teams or singles format , 5 fish limit. $25 entry fee, $10 optional lunker pool.
Tried to do this one in honor of Brandon, seeing he's leaving for his second tour of duty a few weeks after this and can't make the Beach Pond Open.

Thanks,

Paul

Offline groti

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +33/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Bowdish Reservior Open
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 05:39:02 PM »
size discrimination, I smell a lawsuit. we never stopped anybody from entering a tournament as long as they had a working livewell. I've seen 10' jonboats at many tournaments playing with the big boys and we never turned them away. Just kidding...
Men and fish are alike, they both get in trouble when they open their mouths...

Offline Hoist-N-Hawgs

• Guppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 06:10:56 AM »
size discrimination, I smell a lawsuit. we never stopped anybody from entering a tournament as long as they had a working livewell. I've seen 10' jonboats at many tournaments playing with the big boys and we never turned them away. Just kidding...

Ha ha ha, There are plenty of Big boy clubs out there, and I used to be one of them.  But now that I've down graded I wanted to cater to the smaller boat owners. So I started a new small boat club and figured I run a few opens so the new members could get a taste of what the club would be like, and posibly draw a few new members to club as well. 

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 08:51:38 AM »
My boat is 18 ft. How about if I don't use the back 3 feet of the boat? We could both fish from the front deck and only use the part of the back deck that has the livewell in it, leaving the rest of the back deck for other tournaments  ;D
Brutally Honest Fishing Tackle Reviews at TackleTest.com

Offline Hoist-N-Hawgs

• Guppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 06:04:01 PM »
My boat is 18 ft. How about if I don't use the back 3 feet of the boat? We could both fish from the front deck and only use the part of the back deck that has the livewell in it, leaving the rest of the back deck for other tournaments  ;D

Then we'd all be jealous of your extra room and comfort. ;D

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 08:09:12 PM »
Or, I could bring my Crawdad and my G3 and just leave the Crawdad in the back of my truck and fish from the G3. I would have brought a small boat, so I would be kind of adhering to the rules  :P

OK.. I'll leave this one alone now.

Offline Hoist-N-Hawgs

• Guppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 08:18:21 PM »
Or, I could bring my Crawdad and my G3 and just leave the Crawdad in the back of my truck and fish from the G3. I would have brought a small boat, so I would be kind of adhering to the rules  :P

OK.. I'll leave this one alone now.

:o :D

Offline discovery16

• Guppy
  • Applause: +6/-0
  • I Love Northeastbass.Com!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 09:38:50 PM »
Curt,

Strap your crawdad to the top of your G3 and sit in it while fishing.  You'd still be in a boat smaller than 15'. 

Funny,  I have a 16' boat I put a deck on and have a 9.9 outboard on it (not running right now and little $$$ to fix it) and that wouldn't qualify.  I used to fish with the big boys but got to my spots a little later of course.  I like the idea of this smaller boat restriction, however, my 15'9" square end canoe wouldn't qualify for it.  Maybe there could be another way to restrict.  Just thinking.

Bill

Offline Bob W - RI

• SRIBA
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +96/-0
  • Get the NET !!
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: 7.19 lb LMB. Amos Lake, CT 2014
  • My Boat: Bass Tracker PT175
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 09:45:39 PM »
  Even in the clubs with the big boys I have heard of guys with crawdads and small boats getting into places and under bridges that the bigger boats couldn't get to. 

Bob W.
Snack Time !     Get the Net !  ><((((º>

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 11:05:23 PM »
Curt,

Strap your crawdad to the top of your G3 and sit in it while fishing.  You'd still be in a boat smaller than 15'. 

Funny,  I have a 16' boat I put a deck on and have a 9.9 outboard on it (not running right now and little $$$ to fix it) and that wouldn't qualify.  I used to fish with the big boys but got to my spots a little later of course.  I like the idea of this smaller boat restriction, however, my 15'9" square end canoe wouldn't qualify for it.  Maybe there could be another way to restrict.  Just thinking.

Bill

Good point Bill ;)

I think that a restriction would be better if it was something like 12 feet and under. This eliminates anyone from using anything other than a small jon boat.

Offline Alex - RI

• Guppy
  • Applause: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 02:33:51 AM »
Good point Bill ;)

I think that a restriction would be better if it was something like 12 feet and under. This eliminates anyone from using anything other than a small jon boat.

He cant, his boat is a 14' Jon boat lol.  Could just specify it is jon boat style only.  I am sure everyone knows the difference between a 14' jon boat and a 14' bass boat.

Offline Hoist-N-Hawgs

• Guppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 05:58:44 AM »
 I'm sure this will go over well. ::) After a majority vote, this open as well as the Beach Pond open have been turned into club members only events. Soooooo have at me :-\ and Feel free to delete both threads if need be.

My sincere apologies,

Paul

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 12:52:24 PM »
No problem... those things happen.

Offline Alex - RI

• Guppy
  • Applause: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2010, 12:36:16 AM »
I think it's a good idea, just so the club can get to know each other a little then start having the opens next spring.

Offline rb

• Bluegill
  • Applause: +7/-1
  • I Love Northeastbass.Com!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2010, 08:06:44 PM »
Thursday night open's we don't care what size boat you have, you just have come and have fun!  We don't care if your boat is 10 ft with a trolling motor only, a canoe or party barge at long as you have a working live well, your welcome!  You have to have fun and relax, that's what it's all about.  We have father/son, father/daughter, husband/wife, best friends, CT and RI fisherman.  We love it when parents bring their kids as partners, you can even bring your dog as your partner or just want to fish alone that's all good.  All are welcome as long as you have a working live well.