Author Topic: Upcoming Make-A-Wish Tounament on Lake Erie  (Read 1767 times)

captainbarry

Upcoming Make-A-Wish Tounament on Lake Erie
« on: May 12, 2003, 01:57:56 PM »
   May 12, 2003Â  The Smallmouth Bass fishing was beginning to improve with water temperature rising to 48-49 degrees. But with the 40+ mph winds and thunder storms churning up the lake the last couple days (being predicted for another day  or so) as well as the 15-20 degree air temperature drop,  the fishing will slow down unfortunately. Hopefully, if the water temperature doesn't take a nose dive,  it will pick back and continue to improve by this weekend's 3rd annual MAKE-A-WISH Lake Erie Smallmouth  Tournament (the biggest Bass Tournament in WNY) at the Buffalo Smallboat Harbor. For late entry info contact:Â  Don Staszczk 1-716-893-0607 or George Ehrenburg  1-716-652-4307.  The fishing was starting to improve,  basically all the way down the shore from the Breakwalls to Sturgeon Point in 20-30' on just about every piece of structure; Smokes Creek, Ford Plant, Hamburg, Snug Harbor, Myers Reef and Eighteen Mile Creek.  My  charter on Saturday had about 45-50 Smallies (Biggest was a 5.6# Slob!), most of which came on shiners, although a few came on Tubes (melon pepper) and Kalens grubs (avocado). Most of the other guys did as well as I did or better, but were using only artificials and were tight lipped about what they were using with the upcoming tournament.  I have a few weekend openings left for these Monster Smallmouths; May 25th,  May 30th,  June 1, 14 & 15th. If you would like to catch one these Beauties give me a call at 716-433-5848 or email me at: barrys@buffnet.net