Author Topic: Amos lake Tourney Results  (Read 4182 times)

Offline Huskybass

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Applause: +19/-0
  • Albies and smallies!
    • View Profile
Amos lake Tourney Results
« on: September 10, 2006, 03:15:55 AM »
Nine teams enjoyed a great cookout including Steak, Shrimp, burgers,hot dogs, clam chowder, pasta salad and pastries then hit the water from 6 pm to 1 am.  Thanks to Babs and Rollib D for organizing the cookout, it was great.   The bite was tough, especially after a small storm rolled through.   Several teams brought in real nice bags anchored by great fish.  The results were as follows:

1st place:  ChrisMed/Buckcall  6 bass for 15.54 pounds including a 5.50 lb. monster, $225

2nd place:  Slick/Isaac  5 bass for for 12.80 pounds including a lunker of 6.15 pounds;  $125 plus $50 for lunker

3rd place: Babs/RollinD  4 bass for 8.71 pounds $50

4th Place: Huskybass/Al 3 bass for 7.31 pounds  a nice selection of Hawgstomper Buzzbaits and Spinnerbaits donated by Curt

5th place:  RayZ/Gordon  2 bass for 3.40 pounds  a nice selection of baits donated by Babs

6th place:  Curt/Bob W.  2 bass for 1.91 pounds

7th place:  Jerry/Gama Bait  1 bass for 1.72 pounds

8th place:  Steve/Rob   1 bass for 1.35 pounds

9th place:  The Hanson Bros  Did not weigh in

Thanks to all who made the cookout and tournament a success.  Special thanks to Curt for bringing the scale and weighing all the fish.

A $45 donation was made to Notheastbass.com

Photos to be posted tomorrow.  Congrats to all the winners, especially first and second place.  The 5.50 lb. and 6.15 lb. bass were real nice.    
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 03:24:31 AM by Huskybass »
HUSKYBASS

Offline Daddy Pickle

• Guppy
  • Applause: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re:Amos lake Tourney Results
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 10:58:32 AM »
geesh buckcall, congamond wasnt enough hugh? now i see y u were in such a hurry too leave ....  congrats guys

chrismed

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 11:44:02 AM »
Hey Mike and Curt thanks ! Great time! heck between these two trails and these cookouts, sure makes fishintournaments fun! Good food, good people, good times. Bob is gonna post those pics? I was too lazy to walk back to my truck for mine, oh that was your camera :-\ Thanks guys it was a very odd night. ie paddling all darn night! but it was well worth it nice putting faces with names and Slick nice fish! thanks for dumpin the 4lbr' ;D ;D Good seein ya Rich, I didn't even know you were a bass fisherman. I caught all my fish(4) on jigs in 14-20 of water, or where ever the boat drifted! ;D( trolling motor died at 8:30 ???) good darn thing we caught most of them before it quit. Very slow bite after the storm i got one good one and Dave was on but one good jump....one good bye! good thing it didn't hurt us! Everthing else was already taking care of that!!! :-X Great time fellas See ya soon!-chris
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 11:58:13 AM by chrismed »

Offline babs06239

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +56/-0
  • READY FOR SOME WHOPPERS!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 02:49:40 PM »
To start with guys...sorry for the POOR picture quality.The only pic that came out decent was Huskybass.Tried to doctor the others a little,but it didnt help much.ANYWAY.......

1st place.....Buckcall & Chrismed

2nd place...Slick & Isaac

3rd place...RollinD & Babs06239

LUNKER....6.15LBS.

and one shot of Huskybass.....

Thanks for a nice tourney Mike&Curt....enjoyed it,even though the fish were rather uncooperative to say the least.Food was GREAT,and the company was even BETTER.

24 Fish caught.....52.74lbs. total......better then a 2lb. avg. on a tough night!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 06:37:10 PM by babs06239 »

Offline Joe.G

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +47/-0
  • I Love Northeastbass.Com!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 03:37:32 PM »
Congrats buckcall and partner...Great job

Offline rollinbass

• Bluegill
  • Applause: +21/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 04:13:27 PM »
congrats to Buckcall and Chrismed for 1st place real nice bag there guy,s..also congrats to Slick and Isaac for 2nd and luncker another very nice bag and that kicker  WoW that was a hawg.. :o.. and thank you to all anglers for fishing  i had a very good time... the cookout was great the clam chowder was outstanding...a REAL BIG THANK YOU go,s to Mike and Curt for having this tournament and for having me you fela,s are top shelf .....again thank you all for a great time....Rollin
ROLLINBASS

Offline Curt - NC

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 08:25:09 PM »
Mike (Huskybass), thanks for organizing the tourney.

Babs, thanks for manning the grill and taking the pictures after the tourney. You did a great job  ;)

Dave (Rollinbass), thanks for supplying the grill, etc. Thanks also for the donation that you made to Northeastbass.com. It was very much appreciated.

And thanks to everyone who showed up and fished.

Congrats to Chris and partner (sorry, I forgot your name :-[ )  and to Isaac (Iman) and Rich (Slick) for the great bags of fish under less than desirable conditions.

Northeastbass.com may not be as active as some of the other sites out there, but I think we have the greatest bunch of "regulars" on the internet  :)
Brutally Honest Fishing Tackle Reviews at TackleTest.com

Offline Ctbassnut

• Guppy
  • Applause: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 10:57:48 AM »
Mike, Thanks for the great event.  Always good to see plenty of old friends and meet a few new ones.

Chris, sorry I was late ,but not a bad  of a bag from us  with the 1/2 hr late start ;).

Kurt, Its Dave (aka) Buckcall and on here ctbassnut. Thanks for having me

Offline Sratos285

• Guppy
  • Applause: +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 07:26:34 PM »
chris, and bassnut,  im the guy with the green stratos and the understanding wife, remember me? sratos285 on here. congrats hope that room i gave you payed off. and also that hot bait. hope to fish with you guys some time.  see ya again on the water

Offline GAMA_BAIT

• Guppy
  • Applause: +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 09:02:00 AM »
I apologize that this is a bit late. I have been going crazy all week.

Mike thank you for putting this event together. I had a great time and enjoyed meeting some new people as well as seeing some old friends.

Chris, Bob, Rolland, and Curt it was nice to meet you guys and get a chance to chat. Putting a face with the screen name is always cool. I also enjoyed meeting some other guys but I am terrible at remembering names.

Curt, you have a great site with some awesome members. I look forward to meeting more members in the future.

The laid back feeling of this event was very nice. No attitudes and no stress = fishing at its best. I also think the smaller field made it easier to move around the lake.

Also Thank you to Jerry my partner. You are a very gracious host and you have a beautiful rig. I enjoyed fishing with you, I wish we could have gotten dialed in and found some fish but I can’ complain, I still had an awesome time.

Good food, new friends, some fish, its all good.

Again Thanks Mike – great job putting this together. Also thanks to everyone else that helped out. The food was great.

- GAMA

Offline Jerryinct

• Bluegill
  • Applause: +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 07:58:00 PM »
Had a good time at Amos despite the lack of fish.  Gama had a great time. Great to see friends new and old. Looking forward to next years. Congrats to everyone and thanks for the awesome food.