Author Topic: THE D. P TRAIL  (Read 19721 times)

Offline fishjj

• Guppy
  • Applause: +6/-0
  • I Love Northeastbass.Com!
    • View Profile
Re:THE D. P TRAIL
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2005, 03:47:08 PM »
keep up the good work. let me khow if i can do anything to help.   JJ

Offline D.P G3

• Bluegill
  • Applause: +23/-2
  • I Love FISHING AND Northeastbass.Com!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2005, 06:16:12 PM »
Thanks JJ, the soda is tasting pretty good right now

Offline fishjj

• Guppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2005, 04:19:37 PM »
you had alot of veiwers is that a good sign?    JJ

Offline D.P G3

• Bluegill
  • Applause: +23/-2
  • I Love FISHING AND Northeastbass.Com!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2005, 08:02:35 PM »
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ::)

Offline John Henry

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Applause: +24/-12
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2005, 08:05:47 PM »
 :Dill be there as long as i dont have a club tournament.

Offline Keith

• Shiner
  • Applause: +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2005, 07:11:24 AM »

Joe G remember me if i'm not fishing the BFL or BASS tournies...i'd love to fish with you again & get my jacket back.......LOL
LETS GO FISHING!!!!!!!!!

Offline rollinbass

• Bluegill
  • Applause: +21/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2005, 09:09:20 PM »
hello fella,s  names  Dave ,  screen name rollinbass, i think a five bass limit is a great thing  ,  i also think safety frist is a great thing . but if you tell someone with a small boat they can,t go someplace a big boat can how do you tell someone with a big boat to due the speed limit , when we all know no big boats go half bore they go full bore .   and what if you get a fella who is handicaped , confined to a wheelchair a one of your tourney,s will you let him our her fish ?  as far as falling in the water i,m willing to bet over half of you out there were to fall out of your boat weather or not your boat is big or small could not get back in by yourselfs.  them 20lbs of clothes just turned to 50lbs think about it.
ROLLINBASS

Offline Joe.G

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +47/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2005, 09:39:20 PM »
So whats your point Dave? ???

Offline rollinbass

• Bluegill
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2005, 10:01:03 PM »
 ;D  no point ,just  adding my 2 cent thats all
ROLLINBASS

Offline tope7

• Bluegill
  • Applause: +23/-0
  • A bad day of fishing>A good day at work!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2005, 11:29:52 PM »
Pretty sure that if a big boat can get to a spot, a little boat could get there as well, no?

Offline rollinbass

• Bluegill
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2005, 01:46:02 AM »
your right , little boats can go where big boats go , thing is big boats can,t go where little boats go . and that make,s big boat owners mad.  the point i was making  is that boat size is not as important  as safety  , it,s like anything else. you have to use your head  .  i,ve  seen the water at pachaug during the ice breaker look like glass one year and have 2 to 3 foot waves the next . it,s more about the weather than the time of year . so to say you can,t go under a bridge  one month but can go under the next  just seems crazy to me thats all.  either way i suport  big boats ,little boats and anyone willing to run a trail , i,m not trying to P anyone off here, just want to get along meet new fishin friends
ROLLINBASS

Offline densik

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +80/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2005, 07:12:38 AM »
My turn! You are right, a lot of big boat people do get mad at the disadvantage small boats do have by going places they can' t. Not the reason for this decision. The reason for this decision is the allure of the bridge during this time of year will cause people who do have big boats to bring little boats just for that reason. Now with the water being cold and not being able to see the forcast at this point in time, a time when the weather is still very unperdictable, it is in derricks best interest to set this rule ahead of time so that when HE HAS TO PUT IT OFF LIMITS ON A WINDY DAY, THE DAY OF THE TOURNY, THERE WON" T BE ANY CRRYYYYING. Which for sure there will be. It will go something like this; "well if you were going to put the bridge of limits then you should have done it ahead of time, WE WOULD HAVE BROUGHT OUR BIG BOAT" or for the best one " I WOULDN' T HAVE SHOWED UP IF I COULDN' T GO UNDER THE BRIDGE". There is no problem with anybody showing up If you have only a little boat please by all means come and join us. But by putting the bridge off limits it takes the tunnel vision of crossing the lake for one reason out of there minds. There are plenty of small boaters that compete, and win, on pachaug with out having to go under the bridge. As for the handicaps, anybody that has fished when stan ran his trail knows that there was always two different teams that have a partner in a wheel chair. As for the speed issue, these small lakes are crowded during tournies and most people are great when it comes to fishing close. There are no secret spots, which means that there are no advantages. A boat at five mph will be there only a minute behind the fast boats. Terryk fishes out of a small boat and gets in the money all the time, so the speed thing is not an excuse for not doing good. AS for not trying to make anybody mad I also don' t mean to get off on the wrongs side with you, but it is DP's trail, his decision and there is no argument here. Been around the tourny seen for 20 years and seen it all, this is a rule that will stand, won' t be changed. Sorry so harsh winter is getting long.

Offline fishjj

• Guppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2005, 08:29:13 AM »
 well put dennis, rules are rules, if they don't like them then they don't have to play.

Offline tope7

• Bluegill
  • Applause: +23/-0
  • A bad day of fishing>A good day at work!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2005, 09:41:28 AM »
I agree 100% with you Dennis, and it always seems that this under the bridge rule always causes problems, so here is a simple solution, if not for this year, but for next...... Bridges are off-limits. That will end all the problems right there. I just recently purchased a boat and would prob be able to get under the bridges with it, but won't do it even if I am able too. I like the idea that if I am in a tourney, I am fishing the same water that everyone else is, and if I lose, I lose, and if I place, I fished the same waters as everyone else had too.

Offline Joe.G

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +47/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2005, 10:12:53 AM »
I guess its all relevant to the tourney directors rules. If any person doesn't like the rules then that said person doesn't have to fish that particular tourney.

It's easily arguable as we all know but its there in black and white. If you don't like it don't fish it.

Not being a dink about it but this subject is old and does nothing except cause some hard feelings (usually).

I'm just greatful that there is another trail to fish.

As far as the disability part of your post Dave. If you know of anyone that would like to fish and has difficulty getting out let me know. I own a health care agency that provides assistance in any setting to  individuals with various types of disabilities. For what its worth...  :)