Author Topic: Who's who  (Read 104559 times)

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
Re: Who's who
« Reply #180 on: January 20, 2015, 11:42:37 AM »
Hey everybody, my name Jake and I am from Hanover MA, can't wait to have a great local community to learn from this upcoming season

Welcome to the site, Jake! Glad to have you here with us  ;D

Offline RiverRat

• Guppy
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • Northeastbass.com Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 26, 2015, 10:31:36 PM »
Hey guys,

My name is Ray Tuholski and I'm from Marshfield, MA. I'm 45 and I've been fishing for nearly all my life. My introduction to fishing was through my father (also named Ray) at a little place called The Claybanks in Bridgewater. Over the years, I fished everywhere from Lake Erie up to Mactaquac. I also had the honor of working for the late, great Paul Smietana.

Currently just fishing from a canoe or the back of Dad's boat. Haven't done any tournaments in a couple years but that may change this year. Anyway, I hope to pick up some more knowledge here and maybe meet some new fishing partners.

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #182 on: May 27, 2015, 07:30:48 AM »
@RiverRat Glad to have you here with us  o/

Offline Brazzy

• Smallmouth Bass
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB 8lbs 4oz, SMB 5lbs 0oz
  • My Boat: 2018 Tracker 195 TXW - 150 Mercury
« Reply #183 on: May 27, 2015, 08:34:17 AM »
Small world..    :D
Bear Hill Baits

Offline RiverRat

• Guppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 27, 2015, 09:12:46 AM »
Small world..    :D

Very small world...  ;D Funny, you're name is always one that pops up when we discuss "I wonder what they're doing now?" I'll be down in Bourne working this weekend, it's the big Spring weekend for the northeast.

Offline Brazzy

• Smallmouth Bass
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB 8lbs 4oz, SMB 5lbs 0oz
  • My Boat: 2018 Tracker 195 TXW - 150 Mercury
« Reply #185 on: May 27, 2015, 06:31:10 PM »
Since I never posted here I figured I should introduce myself. My Name is David Braz and I am from Cumberland RI. I work for Citizens Bank and have been fishing for as long as I could remember. My father used to take me to echo lake in Barrington and I used to love watching Jimmy Houston Outdoors. We used to use live shiners when I decided when I was 9 to use money I earned mowing lawns to buy a Rebel Pop-R at Bennies. We went down to a local fishing hole where a bunch of people were fishing. On the way told my father not to stop to get shiners and that I was going to use the popper. He essentially said "thats not fishing" but took me anyway. We pulled up along side an older fellow using night crawlers who had a bucket full of sun fish for dinner. The gentleman saw me with the popper and said "what you need to do is get yourself some nightcrawlers". I threw the very first cast on the end of lily pads. pop pop....pop. pop pop ...pop ....pop pop SPLASH... I brought in a 3.5-4 pound large mouth to the amazement of both the stranger with the sunfish on the menu for dinner as well as my father (the fish was well over 6 pounds by the 4th time my father told the story). I grabbed the bass, took the hooks out, gave it a kiss and said "go tell your grandma someones been picking on you" and let it go (once again I'd been watching Jimmy Houston). Both my father and the stranger lost their minds.

From there I was hooked. Spending most of my weekends looking for places to fish from land that no one would ever thing of fishing. Golf courses were my go to. Pulled some big fish out of those small ponds all while dodging golf balls. Later on in life I got a canoe and started fishing private ponds, golf course ponds and swamps, with trips to the lakes region of NH sprinkled in. I now have  Bass Tracker 175XT and try to get out every weekend. I have only been a CO in tournaments and would like to get into that a bit more often before getting out on my own.
Bear Hill Baits

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #186 on: May 27, 2015, 06:39:22 PM »
@Brazzy Great little bio. Thanks for adding it  ;)

Offline Mr Q

• Guppy
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB 14lbs in a SE MA reservoir
  • My Boat: "sit- in" inflatable boat
« Reply #187 on: June 05, 2015, 10:50:10 AM »
   Hello gang! I'm Bill and I caught my first  LMB while trout fishing at a local stocked lake back in the early 70s. After no success that day with salmon eggs and corn, I tried a night crawler and soon landed a 4 pound bass. That was it - I was hooked (pun intended) and read all I could in magazines/books on LMB (no computers back then) that fall and by the next spring I was out testing what I learned reading. I was amazed at how well the info worked and was soon a LMB addict and have been one to this day. I've slowed down some with fishing, now being 67, but still love the sport. Over the years I have shared my fishing knowledge with others and they too became bass addicts in short order.

And my biggest LMB? A 14 pounder on a grape jelly worm from shore at a nearby cranberry reservoir in Carver, MA (now closed to the public). And I believe the NE U.S. record (15 lbs 8 oz.) was caught there back in the 70s though a nearby pond was listed to keep the honey hole secret.

p.s. Who's the oldest and youngest member here???
Bass are where you find them and structure reading will show you where.

Offline swamp hawgs

• Shiner
  • Applause: +2/-0
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: largie 7.8(MA) smallie-6.9(MA)
  • My Boat: kayak, canoe, 10 foot aluminum, 13 foot boston whaler, 20 foot carolina skiff
« Reply #188 on: June 05, 2015, 10:29:01 PM »
im mike. ive been fishing since i was 3years old! im currently 25. so thats 22 yrs.  i won that kids tournie. THANK MOM!!!!! i grew up on the ocean!  i do everything! fly fishin,ice fishing,freshwater and salt. i live in SE MA.  i grew up fishin the smaller ponds in my town.  the ocean is my backyard.

biggest largie is 7.1 caught on a jig in a small pond in march, ice still on the pond and snow on the ground. biggest smallie 4.5 caught on a tube jig on the cape.
biggest striper was 32lbs caught on a mackerel
i fish almost everyday, single and no kids.

im a slower presentation fishermen. jigs,swimbaits,plastics,tubes drop shot.

fishing is therapy, if didnt fish i wouldnt be alive today. had some issues back in the day. fishing saved my life.  fishing is an addiction, therapy. fishing is my life

Offline swamp hawgs

• Shiner
  • Applause: +2/-0
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: largie 7.8(MA) smallie-6.9(MA)
  • My Boat: kayak, canoe, 10 foot aluminum, 13 foot boston whaler, 20 foot carolina skiff
« Reply #189 on: June 05, 2015, 10:30:00 PM »
Hey guys,

My name is Ray Tuholski and I'm from Marshfield, MA. I'm 45 and I've been fishing for nearly all my life. My introduction to fishing was through my father (also named Ray) at a little place called The Claybanks in Bridgewater. Over the years, I fished everywhere from Lake Erie up to Mactaquac. I also had the honor of working for the late, great Paul Smietana.

Currently just fishing from a canoe or the back of Dad's boat. Haven't done any tournaments in a couple years but that may change this year. Anyway, I hope to pick up some more knowledge here and maybe meet some new fishing partners.

DUDE WE ARE NEIGHBORS!!! I LIVE IN MARSHFIELD MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #190 on: June 06, 2015, 04:29:36 PM »
Glad to have all of the new members here with us  ;D  o/

Offline BeaverBass

• Guppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 20, 2015, 06:13:53 PM »
Hi all,
New here, just found the sight today. Im definitely looking forward to swapping info and stories with other locals.  I'm from northwest Ct, and  have been doing quite well at local ponds, and on the housy above falls village for smallies.

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #192 on: July 21, 2015, 10:55:53 AM »
@BeaverBass Welcome to the site! Glad to have you here with us :)

Offline MaineBass

• Guppy
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: Biggest Largmouth 9 lbs 1 oz from Maine. Biggest Smallmouth 4 lbs 13 oz from Vermont.
« Reply #193 on: November 13, 2015, 12:05:14 PM »
 Hello,
 My name is Nate. I grew up in Maine bass fishing and continue to fish Maine as much as I can. I currently live in Vermont and bass fish there a lot as well. I fish around 100 times a year specifically targeting bass. Don't really enjoy fishing for other species most of the time. I am a member of a bass club and do fish a few tournaments every year. Most of the time I am targeting big largemouth. I begin fishing each year as soon as the ice goes out and keep on fishing until boat can not break through the ice anymore.  I had scanned through the site a coupe times and decided to sign up. Looking forward to hearing some stories, learning new techniques and hopefully find a fishing partner or two along the way.
Nate
Obsessed with big bass

Offline Eric-Maine

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +40/-0
  • I love NorthEast Bass!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 13, 2015, 04:42:58 PM »
Welcome aboard Nate. I live in Maine and fish in Vermont sometimes