Author Topic: Who's who  (Read 144685 times)

Offline RAYZCT

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +22/-0
  • Hawg Forum Rod Building Guru
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: 6lb 5 oz LMB 5lb 6 oz SMB
  • My Boat: Tracker 170 25hp 4 stroke
Re: Who's who
« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2013, 09:59:14 PM »
Some of us from here in CT hit Parker when we take our annual spring trip to Maine, that's the one right across from Pleasant lake.  Assume all the ice is out in the Harrison area.
Z-Man Custom Rods & Rod Repair

Offline Curt - NC

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
« Reply #166 on: April 21, 2013, 02:47:24 PM »
New to the site... Adam from portland Maine.. 25 yrs old... Taking my '99 tracker proteam out of storage today to go slaughter some Larry's.  been following the site for a few weeks. Looking forward to getting some more folks from Maine on here to share more fishing information.... Today I'm heading to Parker pond in casco... Great little honey hole of mine... Very solid population of largemouth in the 3-5#range... If things go right ill be posting some pics this evening.

Welcome to the site, Adam :)

I'd love to have more Maine anglers on here! Eric has been a long-time member and a few others have come and gone. The more, the merrier, in my opinion.
Brutally Honest Fishing Tackle Reviews at TackleTest.com

Offline PFDL5Bullie

• Guppy
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • Northeastbass.com Rocks!
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: 5 3/4 lb LMG Lake Manchaug, Douglas MA
  • My Boat: 2013 17' 8" Tracker with Merc 75
« Reply #167 on: October 11, 2013, 01:42:13 PM »
Hey guys

My name is Brian B

New to the site, and new to fishing.  I have always had an interest, but never had the time to truly get out there and fish "for real".
I am originally from Auburn MA, moved to Providence RI for 5 years, and now im back in MA in Oxford.  Im married with 3 kids.
I am a career firefighter for the city of Providence. 

This year I have become ADDICTED to bass fishing.  Caught a couple 5+lbers and my first few Smallies and cant get enough!  Bought a used bass boat that is small enough to put anywhere and big enough for almost anywhere haha.  My wife now refers to herself as a fishing widow (in good fun)

I love learning from more experienced guys (that's how you learn to be a firemen) and it works just as good fishing!  I may be nagging some of you with a bunch of questions, but I love to learn, so feel free to shut me down if I ask too many haha!

Trying to make it out there as much as I can as the season winds to an end.  Hope everyone had a great season so far!

Offline Curt - NC

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #168 on: October 11, 2013, 03:47:22 PM »
Hey Brian, welcome to the site :)

Glad to have you onboard and glad to hear that you're enjoying the learning part of catching bass. It's a process that never ends!

We're here to help you learn, so never be afraid to ask questions. That's what the forums are all about  ;D

Again, welcome aboard!

Curt

lexbassbuzzin

« Reply #169 on: October 11, 2013, 06:31:33 PM »
Hey Brian, glad you're aboard!

Offline I-am-a-Fossil

• Guppy
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: Largemouth Bass 24 Inches est 7lbs
  • My Boat: Had a 15' MFG 'Foxy Lady' 35 Evinrude (GONE)
« Reply #170 on: January 26, 2014, 08:02:39 PM »
I-am-a-Fossil (aka John)
Hello from a 73 year old NEWBIE.  Been fishin' since I was 5 years old.  Started out on trout in the Wissahickon Creek in Philadelphia.  Back in those days it was fly fishin' only, so I learned from my Uncle at an early age.  He also taught me how to hunt.  Still an avid groundhog hunter with my .204 Ruger.  I had a bass boat for 16 years in the infancy of AMATURE tourny fishing.  Bass boat long gone.  My greatest assets are my wife, kids, grandbabies and maybe great grandbabies some day.  I am a needler, but if I give it,  I can also take it.  Yes, all of my releases grow an inch every year,  A true Fisherpeeeeple ! !
I still like the hunt and chase of the Bigmouth Bass.  I have a 2 1/2 acre goldmine 75 yards from my house.  This lil' pond is tough to fish (filled in with the awfuls), but the risk / reward is worth the scrathes, bites and whatever is in wait for a piece of this body.  When you get my age the word OLD is out.  We exchange it for MATURE.  I hope that I can contribute to this Board and I will have a lot of boring PICS to show off, from my LIL' POND.
My Avatar will be a FOSSIL once I figure the system out.

These hills are gettin' steeper

Offline Curt - NC

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #171 on: January 26, 2014, 09:14:07 PM »
Hi John, welcome to the site! Glad to have you onboard :)

I hope you don't mind, but I took care of your fossil avatar for you!

Never think of your posts, your pics or your stuff as boring. We love it all  ;D

Offline I-am-a-Fossil

• Guppy
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: Largemouth Bass 24 Inches est 7lbs
  • My Boat: Had a 15' MFG 'Foxy Lady' 35 Evinrude (GONE)
Thanks
« Reply #172 on: January 27, 2014, 07:30:44 AM »
Thanks Curt for gettin' my Avatar out there.

Off to a flying start, with your help.  Maybe I will put a few pics out there from my HoneyHole (2  1/2 acre pond)

John
These hills are gettin' steeper

Offline Bassaholic

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Applause: +5/-0
  • Cant get enough BASS
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: 6.2lb LMB(RI) 4.28 SMB (VT)
  • My Boat: 2009 Uncle bucks pond prowler!
« Reply #173 on: March 19, 2014, 01:01:32 PM »
So i joined this site last spring but i don't think i have ever introduced myself!

My name is Sully and i live in Southern RI (Westerly)

I am 24 years young and have fallen in love with bass fishing over the past 3 seasons. I have been fishing on and off since i was a little guy, my dad was a big fisherman. But once i got into middle/high school it fell off the map for me

I currently own a 2007 Uncle Bucks Pond Prowler 10 foot boat that my dad gave to me when he recently moved to VA (he works too much now to fish regularly  :-[) its got a motor guide 54lb thrust trolling motor 2 seats and last season i installed a Garmin Echo150 fish finder that i still am learning how to read properly.

My largest fish (my profile picture) was last summer. My scale was broken that afternoon but my friends and i estimated it to be between 6-7lbs but we will never know! it was a bit on the short side, but FAT as can be.

I started attending the Thursday night Trails all over CT last summer and i am sure i have seen some of you guys there. But never introduced myself.  I plan on attending just about every Thursday night this season and some weekend tourneys as well. I just need a real motor to help myself get around this season..it was hard last year only being able to cover maybe 1/2 of the areas we would fish in 3 hours.

HAPPY BASSIN
You got da big ones out there eatin the little ones

Offline Curt - NC

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #174 on: March 19, 2014, 01:39:03 PM »
Hey Sully, we met last spring on Chapman's Pond. Glad to see you adding your info here so others can get to know you too  ;)

I'm sure we'll run into each other on the water at some point during the season.

Offline mjp103

• Guppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 26, 2014, 11:29:08 PM »
Newbie originally from Dorchester MA. Recently moved to Hanover which has gotten me back into fishing. Have fished all over the country with my dad or anyone else willing to take me. We always went camping so water was always nearby. Would grab my gear and sit on a rock getting brook trout all day if I had nothing else to do. I'm hoping to get a canoe so I can take my kids into the bunch of small lilipad covered ponds by me. Hope to have some good pics later on for you!!!

Offline Curt - NC

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #176 on: July 27, 2014, 08:02:57 PM »
Newbie originally from Dorchester MA. Recently moved to Hanover which has gotten me back into fishing. Have fished all over the country with my dad or anyone else willing to take me. We always went camping so water was always nearby. Would grab my gear and sit on a rock getting brook trout all day if I had nothing else to do. I'm hoping to get a canoe so I can take my kids into the bunch of small lilipad covered ponds by me. Hope to have some good pics later on for you!!!

Welcome to the site! Glad yo have you aboard.

Looking forward to seeing some pics. I hope you'll become a regular.

Offline Jay Rayner

• Guppy
    • View Profile
    • Jay Rayner's CT Bass Blog
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB 6.35 lbs
  • My Boat: Kayak...
« Reply #177 on: August 12, 2014, 10:17:05 AM »
Hey guys, new to the site, I live in southern Connecticut.  I look forward to sharing my reports and learning from everybody.
Please check out my fishing blog, where I post detailed fishing reports, photos, tips and more!

http://jrctbass.blogspot.com/

Offline Curt - NC

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #178 on: August 12, 2014, 10:46:21 AM »
Hey guys, new to the site, I live in southern Connecticut.  I look forward to sharing my reports and learning from everybody.

Welcome to the site, Jay! Glad to have you onboard  ;)

Offline jakewhedbee

• Guppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 20, 2015, 11:16:58 AM »
Hey everybody, my name Jake and I am from Hanover MA, can't wait to have a great local community to learn from this upcoming season