Author Topic: Who's who  (Read 133967 times)

Offline Curt - NC

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
Re:Who's who
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2003, 06:40:27 AM »
Hey Uge!!

Glad to see you back onboard :)

I thought about you every once in a while and wondered how you were doing.

Hope to see you around here often ;D
Brutally Honest Fishing Tackle Reviews at TackleTest.com

Offline Charles/Tx

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Applause: +21/-0
  • Greetings from Tx!
    • View Profile
    • C's Place
Re:UGE
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2003, 07:26:29 AM »
UGE:

Glad to hear that you're doing well and that the family life is suiting you!  Those Fork bass have been resting a bit easier since you guys stopped making annual trips down to harrass them!  ;)

C.

Big Daddy

« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2003, 11:06:17 AM »
Hey Guys:

Curt and Charles, it's been a while.  I too have thought of you guys and wondered how you were.  Married life has kept me jumping.  My daughters are 13 months apart and the apple of my eye.

Charles:  Glad to hear that you are keeping those Lake Fork Bass in order.  With family obligations, our annual trips have been shortened to Winnepesaukee.
We did manage to sneak down to Guerrero a couple times after the virus hit Fork.

When the girls get a little older, I think a return trip to Emory is in order.  Tell the folks at EB's to fire up the grill....

Offline RayBob

• Guppy
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • I Love Northeastbass.Com!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2003, 01:24:15 PM »
Hey Guys,

After seeing this thread back in the fall I thought it was dead and started a new one.....but.....I see it refuses to die so I'm just gonna add my profile in here even though I posted it on a new one.

I'm another Texan who spent an extended period of time in Maine and became addicted to them Northeastern smallies.....especially those from the Penobscot River (WOW!  What a fishery!).

I have 3 small ones 6,3,2 (the youngest is the girl----spoiled rotten). My wife is originally a Cannuck from New Brunswick.  We live on a 50 acre piece of property in East Texas just south of Sam Rayburn.

I appreciate the caliber of people here and the attitude they show.....great bunch!  Tite lines y'all!

Bob

Offline chancesjigs

• SRIBA
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +42/-0
  • Choke Canyon-26.4 lbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2004, 12:16:11 PM »
Hey Uge, glad to hear from you again.  I think the last time I talked to you was at that open on Pauchaug a few years back....  I hope all is well.  I'll try to stop by and say hello at the Worcester show.  I've been tying and selling my own custom jigs for the past couple of years also, but do it more to overcome the winter blues.... :(  I'll bring a couple up to the show for you.

Talk to you soon.

Stan

Big Daddy

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2004, 04:28:09 PM »
Hey Stan:

I look forward to seeing you again.  The jig business is tough.  I do it to support my own jig habit.  I have a small, but reliable customer base and they seem to do well with my jigs.  I gave Joel St. Germain a big supply to take to the Classic with him last year.
Don't know if you remember Scott Ames (Mug).  He fished one of Kurt's NIBA opens on Worden's with you.  If I remember correctly, you guys had a great day and finished second behind Joel.  He is having his first kid this week.  He still talks about what a great time he had fishing with you that day.
See you at the Centrum....  Uge

Offline chancesjigs

• SRIBA
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +42/-0
  • Choke Canyon-26.4 lbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2004, 07:34:39 AM »
Uge,

I do remember Scott and our day on Wordens... :)  Glad to hear all is well with him, please tell him I said hello.

See you at the show.

Stan

Offline DocHldy20

• Bluegill
  • Applause: +12/-0
  • Screw this place, I'm goin Fishin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2004, 10:02:18 AM »
I could have sworn I posted here but I cant find it so here it goes...
Im from the southern worcester county area. I usually fish leicester, spencer, auburn, oxford, webster and dudley areas of MA. My buddies and I built a custom fiberglass canoe by hand from skin to hand laying fiberglass to finish gel coating the interior. We are always out there having a good time. None of us have ever entered a tourny due to not having a real fishing boat. We usually fish small secluded ponds that are hard to get to and far into the woods and that are little known. That way we get the clearest water and most private fishing experince possible and that is becoming more and more rare lately. Ive been posting here since last november and am looking forwward to gettin on that ice. This is great to see so many local fishers gathering here to help with tips and suggetsions. I cant wait for spring to be honest but ice fishing has its benefits also. KEEP IT GOING PATS!!!!

MikeB

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2004, 04:04:45 PM »
Hey guys, Mike B here. I used to belong to SRIBA, its been a while. My first tournament I ever won was with SRIBA, back when i was 16, on Pachaug pond. I couldnt stay on past that year do to work, and I live currently in Syracuse NY, where I am studying at SUNY-ESF to become a fisheries biologist. My real residence is in Harwinton CT, and I used to fish around Westerly RI quite a bit, and am planning a trip down there this summer. I am 19 years old, and have been going out with the same girl for about a year, and she goes fishing with me when its 20 degrees out. I landed my first walleye ever up in Syracuse ice fishing, and am very close to the finger lakes and Oneida Lake. Onondaga has proven to be a real gem, kicking up obscene numbers of 4-5lb fish for me. My best largemouth out of here was approx 6 lbs, and i landed a beautiful 20" smallie on a spinnerbait this past fall. I'm having serious cabin fever at this point, and want nothing more than to fish. Im taking this year off from tournaments (except for a few opens) to do some summer work for class. Its awesome to write about fishing as field research.

Offline Curt - NC

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2004, 01:09:18 PM »
Mike, glad to hear from you again!! I hope things are well... they sound like they are  :)

Now that you've found your way here, don't be a stranger!

Offline Mark_CT

• Shiner
  • Applause: +2/-0
  • It's all about the new toys......
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2004, 12:08:40 AM »
Hey guys,

It seems like I am not the only one that hasn't been around for a while.  My old board name was Mark ne/ct however I had to pick a new one  (Mark_CT).  Since I haven't been around in over a year I'll re-introduce myself....

I am Mark Roberts and I live in northeastern CT.  I have been married over 8 years with a 6 yr old son and 4yr old daughter. Last year we bought our first  house and all of my free time vanished into landscapingand honey-do chores.  

I have a 14 ft Alumacraft that I rebuilt for bass fishing.  It is a great pond boat and ok for the smaller lakes.  As I start counting the days till the thaw I will start pouring my soft plastics for the upcomming season.  I look foward to seeing some of you guys on the water!  Tight Lines
Mark
One more CAST!  ---@---=---=---=---=---

fishingnurse

« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2004, 05:32:41 PM »
Hi Bob, my name is Merry and I have just returned home from Calif. ( school ) , I am 35 and have enjoyed fishing all my life , sm,lm ,blues ...mostly... and I am getting ready to re-learn CT and RI waters which should be alot of fun.... I use to vacation up in Maine growing up by a small town near lewiston .... i think called bear pond... caught a 19.5 in SM there when i was 13.....
My niece Cassy and I will be fishing together this upcoming month , she is also very good :) nice talking to you ...Merry:)

arlow

« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2004, 05:39:04 PM »
Hi guys,  

My name is Rob Lowe and I live in Wilbraham Mass.  I have recently married my lovely wife and a beauiful new daughter.  I work second shift with Milton Bradley so I have all morning off hence I cannot wait untill my daughter can hold a fishing rod.

I am a fed member and this is my first year fishing tournaments with a local club and having a lot of fun.  I have fished all my life both salt and fresh.  My two favorites are bass and surfcasting.

I fish out of a 1992 Tracker pro 17 I bought second hand from a buddy.  Some day I will upgrade to fiberglass.   ;D

Offline Curt - NC

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2004, 10:05:59 AM »
Hey Rob, welcome to the forums!!

I hope you'll hang out here often and gain/share lots of good info  :D

Don't worry about upgrading your boat any too soon. I have fished from an aluminum boat for lots of years and would not go to a glass boat, regardless. They have their advantages, but they also require a lot more care, etc. Fish from what works for you! Make sure that you own your boat and that your boat doesn't own you...

And enjoy your daughter. Before you know it, she'll be driving your boat  ;D

Offline P. W.

• Guppy
  • Applause: +2/-0
    • View Profile
    • Pastor Walt Mayhew
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2004, 10:30:54 PM »
Bob @ Maine...

What a small world my son-in-law is from Maine and attended UMF. He now lives down here in southern CT.  :o

I'm new to the site, just signed up tonight. Got directed here by Joe G's post on CTFisherman.com. I've already seen a few other guys from there posting here.

I'm 49, married with 5 kids. My two oldest are twin daughters (25) one's married to the Maniac, the other is engaged to be married this coming May. I have a son 20 who is a sophmore at UConn. My two little guys 14 and 12 ae adopted out of the CT Foster Care system and they both enjoy fishing with dad.

I work for SBC as a programmer and also am a bivocation church planting pastor of a small church in Derby, CT.

Just took up fishing this year and love it!
I've got an 18' bowrider Stingray 180 RX, which we use for tubing, skiing and it's now being adapted for fishing.  ;D My son-in-law and I are partners in a little 13' aluminum for the smaller lakes and late season fishing.

Walt
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, the churches would be full and there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.