Author Topic: Who's who  (Read 66103 times)

Bob@Maine

Who's who
« on: February 07, 2003, 07:26:18 PM »
I will often visit and seldom post on this site. I would like to know a little about everyone.

My name is Bob. I'm 33 yrs old. I live in Farmington, ME. I spent most of my life living in southern CT. I'm currently working on my BA in Environmental Studies at UMaine.

I fish mostly for LM and SM in the many lakes, rivers, ponds available in Franklin and Kennebec Counties. I fish mainly out of my River Ridge Canoe or wade-fish small streams and rivers. I like to fish spinning gear and finesse baits. I prefer Shimano reels and BPS Extreme rods. I own 1 Curado baitcaster which I use for spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, and heavy jig fishing.

I do enjoy ice-fishing too, and fished a few times in CT and Maine this year. CT has been dissapointing so far this year, but I had a descent day last weekend on a local pond in Maine. 5 bass, 2 pickerel, 6 white perch, and 2 yellows. Biggest bass was 3#.

Offline Joe P

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +106/-0
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: 8 lbs 11 oz RI
  • My Boat: 2018 Ranger RT 198P & Evinrude G2 150 HO
Re:Who's who
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 07:57:39 PM »
Small world Bob, i snowmobile in Wilton ocassionaly, right next to Farmington. I coming up there in two weeks.

Do you know any thing about Wilsons Pond? i always see a lot of fishing going on there! Nice looking lake.

I'm forty years and i'm from Westerly, RI. I fish RI and Eastern CT with one trip up North usually evey year.  I also prefer Shimano but i'm starting to fall in love with okuma spinning reels, very nice reels!

Bob@Maine

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2003, 08:30:18 PM »
Hello, Joe.

Wilson Pond has some great smallie fishing. I heard rumors that someone caught an 8 pound SM out of there last year. The thing is you won't see many bass fisherman up here which is fine with me. Wilson has pretty good togue and landlock fishing which keep the coldwater guys busy.

Have fun on your snowmobile trip. We have about 1 1/2' of snow on the ground right now. We haven't had a good storm yet this year. Be sure you pop into the Boiler Room Brew Pub in Wilton for some good food and beers.

Being from CT, our family used to spent a few days every summer at the Ocean House in Westerly when I was a kid. I love that town, bringing back memories of the merry-go-round and snatching the gold ring. Great beaches and great striper and blue fishing also.

Take care, Bob

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2003, 01:40:21 PM »
Bob,

Glad to have you as a participant here :)

I am 40 years old. I live in Southern RI. This has been my home since the mid 70s.

I was born and spent the first ten years of my life in Northwestern Massachusetts (near the border with New York & Vermont), but then moved to Maine and spent several years there, in Hancock County. I lived in several small towns there, including Blue Hill, Penobscot and Castine. Back then I knew nothing of bass fishing and probably missed out on some awesome smallmouth fishing in the lakes that I lived on or near  :-\  But I have since been back there a few times to fish on Graham Lake, Branch Lake, Patten Pond, Toddy Pond and Alamoosup Lake (I think I spelled it right!). All of these lakes are in or around Ellsworth. I haven't been back to fish for several years now, but I hope to be able to do so soon.

I currently work at a small, local hospital, in their IS Dept. doing Networking, Telecomm and PC Troubleshooting. I also run my own business doing consulting, web design, web hosting, etc.

Hopefully we'll see more of you around here!

It's kinda funny that you should start a "Who's Who?" thread... I used to have a "Who Is That?" page that listed mini bios for everyone and showed a small thumbnail photo of their face so we could all connect a face with the names. That page went away when I rebuilt Northeastbass.com last year. I have thought about putting it back out there, but I think what I will do instead is to make this thread a "Sticky Topic", which will lock it near the top of the forums and allow people to post their info, along with a photo (if they want to post one).

Thanks for getting this started Bob ;D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2003, 01:58:49 PM by Curt - RI »

Mike Mantha

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2003, 10:06:10 PM »

I'm 27 married with a 15 month old son. 2 years ago I bought the house I grew up in.(In central mass. Holden )How funny is that I moved out when I was 18 and ended up back where I started. Any way I fish two tournament trails, NEBA and a nonassociated club.Its alot but its good experience for me.

I too work at a hospital except I work in facilities(operational engineer).And work part time at Marine USA in worcester.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2003, 10:18:16 PM by Curt - RI »

Offline Mitz

• Global Moderator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +70/-0
  • Work to fish. Until I can Fish for work!
    • View Profile
  • My Boat: 04 Tracker Avalanche, 115 Mercury
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2003, 02:53:23 PM »
Just keeping the ball rolling!

Well Im 26 and been in RI since day 1. Started in Lincoln then moved to Cumberland (next town over in Northern RI). With in the last 2 weeks bought a house and moved to W. Warwick RI. For the last 4-5 yrs I've been a Systems Engineer for a company that sells a Medical Records Package. Before this I managed a local Ski shop during the winter worked the golf courses during the summer. While skiing I messed up my knee so that kinda squashed that and golf was shortly replaced with my bass tracker!

Basically just can't wait to fish!

~Mitz

Offline senkosam

• Guppy
  • Applause: +3/-0
  • I Love Northeastbass.Com!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2003, 08:47:11 PM »
Hi guys,
I'm fifty-something and have fished most of my life.
I started with a bobber and line on a stick when I was hitting puberty and now that I'm an eternal adolescent, fish out of a bass boat, canoe, jon boat or out of my waders or just in my shorts.

I disdain carp and sucker,  believing them to be obscene-looking, and fish for everything else, including catfish.

I've fished in many states, from N.Y. (residence) to Cal. to Fl. to Texas and have done the best in N.Y.

I did the tournament thing, learned a lot, blew a lot, and finally got tired of losing sleep. Good and bad memories are stored and one day I'll find a 'just for fun of it' or 'just for the love-of-it' type fishing club.

I fish tidal and non-tidal rivers, streams, ponds, lakes and swamps. I used to night-fish until the idea of being bit by a rabid bat , scared me off.

I believe in sportsmanship, educated C&R and courtesy on the water. I hate jet-skis with a passion and ski-boats that are oblivious to angler boats 15 yds. away.

My granddaughters already like fishing at 4 and 3, so they will inherit a warehouse full of tackle, as will my oldest son.

I like reading and writing about fishing and tape hours of fishing shows every Sat.  I spend at least an hour a day in my work shop making lures, combining lures and cleaning up my tackle.

You could say I'm avid.

Frank M
« Last Edit: February 11, 2003, 09:50:08 AM by senkosam »

Offline Charles/Tx

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Applause: +21/-0
  • Greetings from Tx!
    • View Profile
    • C's Place
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2003, 09:13:32 PM »
Guess I'll add to the list!

I'll be 63 in a few days and have been "retired" for about 6 years now.  This means I can go enjoy the lake during the week while most of the rest of the poor souls around have to work!  :)   It also means I get to miss the big weekend crowds (that's when I try to get my home chores done)

I live in North-central Texas, just north of Dallas and am blessed to have  some of the finest bass fishing water anywhere, Lakes Fork and Ray Roberts, just about an hour away.

Probably 99% of the bass fishing around these parts is done with heavier equipment than most of you NE guys use -- baitcaster spooled with line from 20# up.  This is due to the abundant trees and brush that were submerged when our lakes were formed.

An invitation - if any of you find yourselves headed this way, whether for business or personal, give me a shout and I'll be happy to show you around Fork or Ray Roberts!

No picture posted here - if you really want to see one, just stop by my page listed on the member list.

C.

bassman

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2003, 09:22:10 AM »
Hi, I'm 34 yrs old and live in Windsor Locks Ct. I grew up in Southwick Mass near Congamond Lake. I would go fishing every chance that I could. I skipped my fair share of school to go fishing. My Dad was an avid fisherman and would take me whenever he could. I will fish for just about anything that swims, but bass are my favorite. I've tried some bass tournaments, Foxwoods in 99 (way too much $$ for me) and a few local opens. I also do the weekly Thursday night tourney's at Congamond. But most of all I just like being on the water in my bass boat. Great stress reliever! Good fishing to all this season.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2003, 07:28:14 PM by bassman »

Offline Mike W.

• SRIBA
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +6/-0
  • Fishing: a "reel" adiction!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2003, 09:45:16 AM »
[img]Hey!

I'm 44 yrs old,and have lived in southern RI( like RI is big enough to have a northern and southern area) all my life. As a kid I lived on the river that runs through our town, so I fished all the time. Mostly trout though. A few years ago I discovered the fun in bass fishing and have been hooked (ha-ha) ever since. I fished a few tournaments last year with a local club and just joined the Southern R.I. Bass Anglers. My job as a career firefighter alows me a lot of time during the week to fish when no one else is around.

Mike
« Last Edit: March 02, 2003, 10:53:11 AM by Mike W. »
A bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Steve G - Warwick

• Bluegill
  • Applause: +5/-0
  • Givin' KVD some pointers....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2003, 05:52:45 PM »
    I'm 32 years old and have lived in Warwick my entire life. I currently work for my family's business (a photography studio) in warwick also. I've been fishing since I was a kid, and have recently re-ignited the flame that was the passion of my young life - bass fishing.
    I have been in a local club (Coventry bass anglers)
for two years now, and am enjoying it very much. Good group of guys. I am married with two small girls, so time for fishing is tight, but I manage to go as often as possible, and sometimes more often. I currently own a 1996 fisher spectrum that at this moment is in pieces in my garage, undergoing upgrades. See you on the water!
The Jounrey IS the destination.

Offline Bob W - RI

• SRIBA
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +96/-0
  • Get the NET !!
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: 7.19 lb LMB. Amos Lake, CT 2014
  • My Boat: Bass Tracker PT175
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2003, 08:12:14 PM »
Bob - W     My turn ?  :-\

Hi, I am Bob from Warwick RI. I am 39, married with 2 girls, twelve and fourteen. They both like to fish and I hope to take them out more this year. I have an English pointer puppy that I also plan on taking out on the water this year. Hope she likes it. I work for document management company, as a technical manager, installing hardware and software solutions for companies intranet and internet use.

I have been a member of Southern RI Bass Anglers for about 4 years now. Two years ago I purchased a new 17" Bass Tracker and love it. Before that I had a 14" aluminum skiff that was modified with a deck and seats. With the new boat its a lot easier to fish more water. More often too!  :)  

And that's my story! And I am sticking with it!  ;)

See you on the water !  :D

P.S.  Anyone recognize this place?
Snack Time !     Get the Net !  ><((((º>

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2003, 10:36:08 PM »
Pachaug!

Offline OZ/IL

• Guppy
  • Applause: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2003, 09:03:49 PM »
OZ/IL here - I mostly lurk, have been since I saw Curt's posts on Anglers On-Line.    Curt - still have a few of your baby?i buzz baits left and plan on doing more Bass fishing this Summer.    Only caught a few dinks through the ice so far.  Was on top of a slew of them once and caught none  :-[    Picture of a few that I didn't get below.   I estimate there were about 15 bass below me at one point  :o

Offline RAYZCT

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +22/-0
  • Hawg Forum Rod Building Guru
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: 6lb 5 oz LMB 5lb 6 oz SMB
  • My Boat: Tracker 170 25hp 4 stroke
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2003, 09:21:07 AM »
OK, show and tell, I'm getting close to being one of the senior citizens on this board, graduated from Woonsocket High School in 1959, if that's an indicator.  PC grad in '64, John Thompson was a classmate, been living in CT since 1966.

One daughter, two grandchildren, the 8 yr old boy is a hockey nut and the goalie for his Mite team.

Been only fishing for a little over ten years but do get deeply into hobbies when I participate.  Examples, I was a field reporter for the defunct Connecticut Fishermen's Review Magazine, I make my own, or for anyone else, custom spinner and buzz baits and custom rods specializing in spiral wrap baitcasters and rod repairs.  Also a distributor for California Tackle, a maker of value priced fishing reels.

I have a small Leisure Life 11'4" Basstender tricked out with a 9.9 Johnson whcih will get a 500 lb load up on plane, 38lb thrust trolling motor, Bottomline fish finder.  This little sucker is equipped enough to fish tournaments, which I have done a couple.

Most fishing done on water east of the CT. river, Worden's my favorite RI lake.  Joe Paterno and I won Curt's very first NIBA tourny back on that very rainy June Saturday with 16lb+ for 6 fish out of Worden's.
Z-Man Custom Rods & Rod Repair