Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Non-Fishing Chatter / 18 - Three Days in a Row!
« Last post by Curt - RI on January 19, 2018, 09:50:19 AM »
Three mornings in a row the temp has been 18. Some seriously consistent temps!!

With that said, it also means that the ice is still getting thicker, not thinner  :crying:

One thing's for sure. all of this ice will hang a number on heavy weeds and lay them down for a while  :yes:
Regional Bass Fishing Tournament Listings / Re: 2018 wed night trail
« Last post by Curt - RI on January 15, 2018, 10:15:49 AM »
Thanks Mike! Glad to know you're still cancer-free after 2 years!  :thumbup: :thumbup:
Regional Bass Fishing Tournament Listings / Re: 2018 wed night trail
« Last post by Joe P on January 15, 2018, 10:10:01 AM »
Congratulations on the 2 years! I'm sure you'll hit the 5 yr mark too :thumbup:
Regional Bass Fishing Tournament Listings / 2018 wed night trail
« Last post by tritonmike on January 14, 2018, 03:56:00 PM »
hey guys, I hope everyone is doing well and getting ready for another great year of fishing !  I'm happy to announce that I am now 2 years cancer free !yay! still a ways off from the 5 year mark but im confident I will make it. I've got the wed night trail schedule all set and will attach it here. I hope to see a bunch of you guys out there this year. got a new format here where we will be keeping tract of the tourney weights and the team with the most weight for the year will be eligible to fish the last tourney (which is a 8 hour day tourney) free .  I will be putting up the cold water trail schedule as well as the ct honor and remember tourney app shortly. so lets hope it's an awesome year for everyone ! good luck and tight lines,mike p.
Northeast US Lake Conditions / Re: Chapmans boat ramp.
« Last post by Curt - RI on January 13, 2018, 07:45:53 PM »
I stopped by the Chapman Pond launch this afternoon to take a look at the dock and see how it's holding up with the ice.

No signs of damage whatsoever. Looks like they buried those piling pretty deep!

On a side not, I can see where someone decided to drive on the area in front of the big sign next to the ramp and left deep tire ruts there in the newly excavated soil  :facepalm:

Please, people, drive on and in the driveway and parking area, but stay off the areas where they're trying to grow grass!!
Ice Conditions / Re: Ice Conditions - 2017-2018
« Last post by Curt - RI on January 12, 2018, 06:25:27 PM »
11" on Wordens before this rain.  Gonna be a while to get rid of that!

Definitely agree! Thanks @Joe P  :thumbup:
« Last post by Joe P on January 12, 2018, 02:14:01 PM »
11" on Wordens before this rain.  Gonna be a while to get rid of that!
« Last post by Curt - RI on January 12, 2018, 10:32:14 AM »
Not sure how much ice is still out there. If we did in fact have 12 inches, then it's probably still pretty thick.

But the past couple of days has put a hurt on the snow cover and I even saw a big dark spot on Chapman's Pond yesterday when I drove by. I also saw a lot of very wet ice in the local marshes. I'm sure a lot of the water on top of the ice is from the snow melting, but with the temperature today in the mid 50s and rain on the way, it has to be thinning the ice at least a little bit.  :yes:

Looks like next week is supposed to cool back down, though. So I'm sure it will freeze back up again pretty quickly. We'll see, though, since there are also supposed to be a fair number of days next week that are well above freezing too.
Navionics Info & How-To / depth shading
« Last post by Fish Hound on January 11, 2018, 09:53:16 PM »
Navionics Info & How-To / distance tool
« Last post by Fish Hound on January 11, 2018, 09:44:01 PM »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10