Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Hawg Forum / Bass Fishing Photos
« Last post by Curt - RI on Today at 08:52:03 PM »
Just a reminder for everyone that I have a site setup at http://bassfishingphotos.com/ where you can store all of your fishing photos online 100% free.

I've had this site for many years, but recently upgraded the software. So if you used to have an account, you'll need to create a new account in order to be able to upload your pics.  :nod:
The Hawg Forum / Re: Smith & Sayles Res
« Last post by Curt - RI on Today at 08:50:00 PM »
Smith & Sayles has some good fish. Sadly, there are few weeds left in the lake. They did chemical weed eradication two years in a row a few years back. And then they ended up draining the lake for dam repair. The lake stayed drained down for quite a while, so any remaining weeds in less than 6 feet of water also went bye bye  o/

Since they filled it back up 2 or 3 years ago (maybe it's been longer than that?), the fishing has still been good, but many of the areas that used to hold good fish are now barren. So I had to learn the lake all over again. Unfortunately, with it being an hour from me, I don't get there as often as I'd like to. So I'm still in the process of finding good fish hangouts.

In addition to the areas @toadhunter mentioned, also try across from the ramp to the right, where you'll find a lot of good boulders.
The Hawg Forum / Re: The Cape
« Last post by Curt - RI on Today at 08:39:51 PM »
Everywhere you ask you here "there's no bass out there". I find that funny because we drove out there and pull up to the ramp and there was an old drunk guy fishing at the ramp. We go to launch the boat and he stops us . I roll down the window and he walks over and says "hey there's no fish in here".

(giggle) ;D ;D
The Hawg Forum / Re: Wondering About The Weather
« Last post by Curt - RI on Today at 08:39:18 PM »
I was up in Northern RI, this past thursday.  Temps were 58-60.  Caught a handful and a few had nice fat bellies.  Didn't hook on to any lunkers, but the females I did catch, definitely had eggs.

Thanks for the info @ink_n_metal The next few weeks should be excellent as we lead up to the spawn  :yes:
The Hawg Forum / Re: Smith & Sayles Res
« Last post by toadhunter on Today at 07:05:27 PM »
If your facing the water at the ramp ,go right around the corner, fish around the small house and the coves there and the opposite side. Anywhere you see pads should hold fish.
« Last post by Brazzy on Today at 01:16:12 PM »
Everywhere you ask you here "there's no bass out there". I find that funny because we drove out there and pull up to the ramp and there was an old drunk guy fishing at the ramp. We go to launch the boat and he stops us . I roll down the window and he walks over and says "hey there's no fish in here".
« Last post by Curt - RI on Today at 12:40:01 PM »
There are no bass on the cape.  (giggle)

Actually, I have only fished there once, as a non-boater in a tourney (20 years ago). The fishing there is excellent. I wish I had specifics for you, but I have no experience there at all other than that one tourney  :nope:
So finished in the black for the weekend. Jerked all weekend expect to do that again on Great Pond, Saturday. Reports that it is on fire. Can't wait.

At least you finished in the black. That's a good thing!  :yes:

And congrats on the 2nd place finish. Good job  :thumbup:
The Hawg Forum / Re: Wondering About The Weather
« Last post by ink_n_metal on April 25, 2017, 08:25:50 PM »
I was up in Northern RI, this past thursday.  Temps were 58-60.  Caught a handful and a few had nice fat bellies.  Didn't hook on to any lunkers, but the females I did catch, definitely had eggs.
The Hawg Forum / Smith & Sayles Res
« Last post by HoleHunters on April 25, 2017, 07:09:48 PM »
I have never fished this area and I will be fishing it late May, has anyone fished there? Any pointers??
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10