Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
The Hawg Forum / Re: Spawn is near
« Last post by metz12 on May 09, 2018, 12:31:24 PM »
Awesome. Thanks for the tip! My tourney saturday looks to be like its going to be cloudy and rainy. So hopefully it will work for me!
The Hawg Forum / Re: Winni tommorrow
« Last post by Brazzy on May 09, 2018, 08:15:23 AM »
On Winni I always look to get me 5 first. This time of year if you start at spindle point (the light house) and work both sides of the point and into the pockets (the large cove in the south side of the point has been money for me. I like to throw a suspending jerkbait and the brown wigglewart with the yellow eyes. A weightless fluke is a solid choice as well if they are finicky. Then on to both sides of Sally's gut and then on the north side of sallys gut to the easy is a cove that is usually electric this time of year. Usually doesn't take long to get 5 smallies in the 2-3lb range. For the large green ones I go to the large marinas and flip those. Just be mindful of all the crossbars and cables they run in those deeper marinas. The marina in Meredith is usually my go to.

Good luck
« Last post by toadhunter on May 08, 2018, 08:16:35 PM »
@metz12 , I generally only fish in the AM, but it should work all day if it's not to sunny.
The Hawg Forum / Winni tommorrow
« Last post by Eric-Maine on May 08, 2018, 06:19:41 PM »
Need to find some big green fish for Saturday.  0 for 4 so far. Sucked it up on Cob. Last chance for me until June. :hmm:
« Last post by metz12 on May 08, 2018, 03:07:56 PM »
@Curt - RI , caught some fish on beds in a foot of water today by twitching a frog over their heads.

Hey that is a good tip right there. Hopefully will help me out in my next couple tourneys. Throwing it in the morning or just all day?
« Last post by toadhunter on May 08, 2018, 02:40:38 PM »
@Curt - RI , caught some fish on beds in a foot of water today by twitching a frog over their heads.
« Last post by Curt - RI on May 06, 2018, 09:17:30 PM »
BTW, @toadhunter Nice fish!
« Last post by Curt - RI on May 06, 2018, 09:16:52 PM »
Yes, the spawn is about to happen!

I fished CHapman Pond Friday afternoon and the water temp was nudging 70 degrees!

I caught over a dozen bass in 2 1/2 hours, all tight to shore. Most were males, but I did hook and lose a beast of a female in the same area where I caught a couple males.

Water temp there today was back down to 64-65, but I know the spawn is on for the next few weeks.
Navionics Info & How-To / Navionics + tutorial
« Last post by Fish Hound on May 06, 2018, 08:10:45 PM »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10