Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Hawg Forum / Re: Independent Bass Anglers and Dead Bass
« Last post by metz12 on July 17, 2018, 05:15:26 PM »
We are the morons eh? Well Rich Castro, Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
« Last post by Curt - RI on July 17, 2018, 03:01:17 PM »
It's apparent that some people who belong to IBA are reading these posts.

So, for anyone from IBA who might be reading this, here are some suggestions for you.

First, this is not an assault on your right to legally catch bass and hold them for a tournament weigh-in. It is an expression of frustration with the way you handle bass during a tournament. I have personally witnessed it. So this is not hearsay or third party info.

If you want people to change their minds about your club, then take some steps to show people that you care about the resource.

1 - Stop allowing anglers to participate in tourneys and use stringers to hold bass for the weigh-in.

2 - Stop allowing anglers to participate in tourneys and use non-aerated containers to hold bass for the weigh-in.

3 - Stop giving points for keeping bass alive and start penalizing people who weigh in dead bass.

4 - Require each and every boat in your club to have some type of aerated livewell/cooler that holds an amount of water large enough to hold 5 bass comfortably, with a pump of some sort to keep the water oxygenated. No livewell? No entry in your tourneys.

None of this is complicated. And none of it is unreasonable.

If this doesn't work for you and you want to allow anglers to join and fish your tourneys without livewells, then switch to a different format, like photo weigh-ins, as mentioned above by @Brazzy

But stop allowing the use of stringers, non-aerated containers, etc. The fish held this way might swim away from your weigh-ins, but there are undoubtedly some of them dying later on due to high stress from poor handling.

There are many different ways of managing bass to keep them unharmed for tournaments.

Please do yourselves and do the bass a favor and put one of these into practice.
« Last post by Curt - RI on July 17, 2018, 02:31:58 PM »
And here you have it. This message was sent to the Northeastbass.com Facebook page this afternoon.
So you read this and tell me how concerned IBA is about local bass populations.
« Last post by Curt - RI on July 17, 2018, 10:20:07 AM »
@toadhunter You're dead on. Anyone can keep bass alive and healthy if they want to. These guys obviously don't want to and don't care.

@Brazzy My guess is that they are fishing for probably a $50-$75 first place. Some of them might be genuinely nice guys, but their catch and release ethics are sorely lacking.

If everyone would please call 401-789-0281 and complain about this, asking them to please revoke this club's permit privileges permanently, it will go a long way toward putting a stop to their sorry methods.
« Last post by Brazzy on July 17, 2018, 08:50:38 AM »
This is insanity. There are now online tournament clubs and car topper tournaments. They use videos. Show the whole fish, show inside its mouth, say a code word given for that time frame. Show the scale at 0. Show the whole fish while on the scale and show the weight locked on the scale. Super easy and the fish is back in the water in usually no more than 45 seconds. So many groups are using this now its crazy to think these dopes are using stringers. Despite all of us in our group having bass boats we even used those rules for the tournament we had during the spawn this year because we didn't want to be pulling fish off beds and driving them around in our live wells all day. Its crazy how the entire fishing world is evolving to be more conscious in their conservation efforts while these guys are killing fish for no reason.

Here's the kicker. They clearly aren't dropping money on high end gear, which immediately makes me think there's no way this tournament is for big money. On top of that the rules give a 2oz bonus for each fish released alive. That means a guy with a  working live well has a 10z advantage to start and people are still using stringers. So it cant possibly be for anything significant in terms of a payout. So the kicker is.... they are killing all those fish for absolutely no reason.
Northeast U.S. Fishing Reports / Re: Hot 4th of july bassn Lake Carasaljo NJ
« Last post by basswarz on July 17, 2018, 08:37:37 AM »
Thanks man it was brutal out!!
« Last post by toadhunter on July 17, 2018, 05:24:43 AM »
If you have a smaller boat, you can make a small hole in a cooler to run a aeration line which I have done and I always used ice to regulate water temp in summer months. I would even go so far as to use oxygen tablets and have never weighed in a dead fish. It's obvious these people don't care about the resource. Hard to believe they can't see the trees through the forest.
Northeast U.S. Fishing Reports / Re: Hot 4th of july bassn Lake Carasaljo NJ
« Last post by Curt - RI on July 16, 2018, 10:20:06 AM »
Hot summer weather can make the fishing tough! Great job  :thumbup:
Northeast U.S. Fishing Reports / Hot 4th of july bassn Lake Carasaljo NJ
« Last post by basswarz on July 16, 2018, 08:02:28 AM »

Hot tough day!!!
Fishing Videos Forum / hot 4th of july bassn nj tough day!!
« Last post by basswarz on July 16, 2018, 08:01:38 AM »

Wow super tough day!! SUPER HOT DAY on this 4th!!! I couldn't figure them out!!!

(cup)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10