Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Boating Forum / Re: Livewell Lights
« Last post by Curt - RI on June 16, 2018, 06:36:52 PM »
I had a chance to try out the livewell lights last night. Wow!!  :o

This is one of the best updates I have done to my boat in a long time  :nod:

They worked perfectly and allowed me to put fish in the livewells, remove fish from the livewells, retrieve cull tags (which are stored in the port livewell) and never have to reach for a flashlight once.

I was originally concerned that having them mounted at or slightly above the water line might cause a glare on the surface of the water in the livewells, but this didn't happen at all.

Definitely well worth the work required to install them  :yes:
The Hawg Forum / Re: River buzzin
« Last post by Curt - RI on June 16, 2018, 06:30:55 PM »
River fish are some offer some of the best daytime topwater action!!

Nice fish  :thumbup:
The Hawg Forum / River buzzin
« Last post by toadhunter on June 16, 2018, 01:06:29 PM »
Did some fishin in a river today and the only bait they would bite was a buzz bait. Most fish were in 3 feet of water around hard cover.
Navionics Info & How-To / Have you subscribed to our channel yet
« Last post by Fish Hound on June 14, 2018, 08:41:10 PM »
So much info available.... head on over and subscibe
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfsH8_ZBtDhrT0j3mpDRwog
Navionics Info & How-To / How to track your day on the Boating app!
« Last post by Fish Hound on June 14, 2018, 08:32:52 PM »

Ever want to Keep a record of your activities and share your moments on the water! you can with the  tracking feature of the Navionics Boating app it will help you  when
Cruising & Sailing - recall trip details from your favorite destinations; analyze speed data and compare it to previous results
Fishing - return to successful spots

here is how
START
Simply tap Start when you're ready to set off, and the app will record your track using your device's internal GPS. See real-time stats for time, speed, and distance in a customizable display.
Tap Stop to save, pause or delete your track.
REVIEW
Access your saved tracks from Menu > Tracks. You can review the Summary, with track details grouped by seasons, months, weeks, or days (in Android, access it by tapping the icon on the top right of the screen). Search tracks by name and sort by date, distance, speed, and time. Then select and review:
- Tap on the map to playback your track (only on Apple device)
- Go to Records to check your performance
- Check the track Timeline which will include points of interest, panoramic photos and any pictures you took on your way. An active subscription is required for this feature
Navionics Info & How-To / 10 new lakes updated
« Last post by Fish Hound on June 14, 2018, 08:26:16 PM »
California: Folsom Lake, Lake Pleasant along with several lakes in the Harris Chain of Lakes and Lake Toho in Florida are significantly improved.

Arizona: Lake Pleasant  see image below for a before and after

Michigan: Hanley Lake

Wisconsin: Lake Content, Inkpot Lake and Thunder Lake

to see these updates on your charts update your maps

Boating Forum / Livewell Lights
« Last post by Curt - RI on June 14, 2018, 10:07:22 AM »
I wrapped up my LED lighting project this week with the installation of LED lights in both of my livewells.  :yes:
Here's a pic of them turned on in my garage after dark.

Here's the Port livewell.

Here's the Starboard livewell.

And here's the LED switch that I installed on the console to turn them on.

It was a lot of work, running the wires, drilling all the holes and then securing the wiring to keep it safe and out of the way, but I have no doubt that it'll be well worth it.  :thumbup:
Good job! Any prize is better than no prize at all  :yes:
Northeast U.S. Fishing Reports / Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good
« Last post by Eric-Maine on June 10, 2018, 04:32:23 PM »
Fished the Reynolds Ct. River. Big fish were elusive, bass anyways. We caught big pickerel, big pike, big bowfin along with small bass. We scraped together a small, very small 6 fish limit for a bit less than 10lbs. Fish came shallow on wood rock and beside docks with square bill cranks. Fished weed lines a lot with slower presentations along with the square bill and chatterbaits.....nothing.
We weighed in for the points and hung around for the BBQ and maybe scrounge a raffle prize. No luck there. So Tom Reynolds is announcing the winners, top Reynolds customer, Ranger Cup......yep me! Top Ranger. Total surprise. Glad we stuck around. Lol
 Left Maine at 2 am, fished tournament getting home at 9:30pm with a 6 am wake up call for a youth day on the water with rod and gun club.
 I will sleep good tonight. Great trail. Looking forward to Champlain next month.
Winyay Bay, Georgetown SC for Eastern BASS Nation Regional next

The Hawg Forum / Re: Cold front tips
« Last post by ProvidenceBassHunter on June 09, 2018, 12:25:51 AM »
Solid fish ! Works been killing me with these weekend over nights hopefully we can get on the water next weekend. Seems like ur doing better with out me tho  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10