Author Topic: Lunkerhunt "Bait Blade" review  (Read 105 times)

Online metz12

• Shiner
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • Northeastbass.com Rocks!
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB 5lbs SMB 2lbs 5oz. Both Watchaug pond Charlestown RI
  • My Boat: 1987 Bass Tracker 45hp Mercury
Lunkerhunt "Bait Blade" review
« on: July 01, 2018, 08:55:53 PM »
Here is a review of lunkerhunts take on the bladed jig.

I bought these because they were $4 a piece instead of the $5 I was paying for a traditional Z-man Chatterbait. Plus, it looks really cool.

Well, you know the old saying "Sometimes fishing lures are meant to catch fisherman, and not the fish"? Well, I got hooked in the top of the mouth and thrown into the livewell. These are not worth the time or the money.

First off, they do cast well, but so does a rock if you tie it on well enough. Also, sinks very quickly, but again, so does a rock. And a rock, is 10 times more weedless then this thing. (You may actually catch more fish on these if you used a rock instead!)

Once you get it too the bottom and try to get it to vibrate, you have to pretty much rear back and set the hook like you just got a hit from a 5 pounder to get that blade to thump.

Once you get the blade going, you have to reel pretty quickly to keep it thumping. But the catch is, if you reel it too fast, It works its way to the surface and turns into a wanna be topwater bait. Which is no good!

I bought 2 of these before I started making my own bladed jigs which you can slow roll and get that blade thumping with ease. (Thanks @Curt - RI) Here is a great instructional video by Curt for you if you are interested.

I will hopefully be able to salvage a few parts off of these things to use, so they are not a total loss. But do not buy these things. Make some of your own, or pay the extra money for a traditional bladed jig.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 11:36:14 AM by Curt - RI »

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
Re: Lunkerhunt "Bait Blade" review
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 11:37:07 AM »
Thanks for the review, @metz12

Always good to hear about the bad stuff as well as the good stuff. Helps the rest of us avoid the junk  :yes: