Author Topic: When a simple thing becomes a PITA!  (Read 63 times)

Offline Mitz

• Global Moderator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +70/-0
  • Work to fish. Until I can Fish for work!
    • View Profile
  • My Boat: 04 Tracker Avalanche, 115 Mercury
When a simple thing becomes a PITA!
« on: April 17, 2018, 08:00:34 AM »
Without nice days to work on the boat outside I've shoe horned my boat in the garage to get it ready. I've been chipping away at the to-do list for the season and almost have it done. Thursday is first tournament so I'm down to the wire.

Last night I said let me fix that marker light on my left wheel well. Found a new set at Walmart 5$ ea not bad. I took off the broken one and hooked up the new one. 5-10 min  Easy, Done. Right... NOPE

I decided to replace the other side so they match. The new one is a hint bigger and I wouldn't want planes flying above to see I have 2 different marker lights. LOL So, I take off the working one and hook up the matching one and NOTHING... No light.... Take it off test it on a battery back and it works. Test the old one and it works. Try both again and nothing. Ended up the DARN wire snap on T connector from the factory IN THE FRAME came loose.. Now to get to it I have to unbolt the fender step and fish out the wires tonight.

BOATS... You got to love em... Figured I'd share I know we all have been there... HA

-Mitz
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 10:10:20 AM by Mitz »

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
Re: When a simple thing becomes a PIA!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 09:54:44 AM »
Oh ya.. I feel your pain. Been there and done that many times with various things. Sometimes the OCD to make everything match perfectly can get us into real trouble.  (giggle) :nod: