Author Topic: KastKing Baitcasting Reel Review  (Read 147 times)

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
KastKing Baitcasting Reel Review
« on: February 08, 2018, 11:42:01 AM »
Finished up another tackle test last night.

This one's pretty interesting, since it reviews a little-known brand of baitcasting reels.

http://www.tackletest.com/kastking-royale-legend-baitcasting-reel-review

Offline Brazzy

• Bluegill
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • Northeastbass.com Rocks!
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB 8lbs 4oz, SMB 5lbs 2oz
  • My Boat: Bass Tracker Pro Team 175 TXW Special Edition
Re: KastKing Baitcasting Reel Review
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 01:12:12 PM »
Not surprising. I believe I heard that they are manufactured by Trulinoya which is an original manufacturer for some more notable reel/tackle companies. Im surprised it took this long. There have been a couple other hobbies that I have gotten into where no name brands bought high end products from the manufacturers of name brand products. Of course met with skepticism and the "noobs"  would buy the cheap stuff and write reviews about how awesome it is and catch heat because what do they know. Of course the only thing you ever bought was the best thing you ever owned. Well it turned out the noobs were right. In my recent dealings in this space I have seen how much of a mark up there is in this industry. Its insane and this industry is ripe for no name companies to roll in with "re-branded" products.
Bear Hill Baits

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 04:11:48 PM »
In my recent dealings in this space I have seen how much of a mark up there is in this industry. Its insane and this industry is ripe for no name companies to roll in with "re-branded" products.

Exactly. You hit the mail on the head  :yes:

Offline Joe P

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +106/-0
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: 8 lbs 11 oz RI
  • My Boat: 2015 Stratos 186 VLO - 135HO Evinrude Etec
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 09:25:05 AM »
I have been looking at these for a couple of years now but never pulled the trigger!  For that price i might have to get one just to try it.

It's the same with the chinese GoPro knockoffs. They seem to be just as good for a fraction of the cost 8)

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 03:15:27 PM »
I have been looking at these for a couple of years now but never pulled the trigger!  For that price i might have to get one just to try it.

It's the same with the chinese GoPro knockoffs. They seem to be just as good for a fraction of the cost 8)

Do it, Joe. You won't regret it. Just be sure to pay attention to adjusting the brakes to max before starting to use the reel, and then back off accordingly until you get it just right.

As for the cameras, I agree. I have three of them that I use. They're more than sufficient, for 1/4 to 1/3 the price.  :nod:

Offline Joe P

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +106/-0
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: 8 lbs 11 oz RI
  • My Boat: 2015 Stratos 186 VLO - 135HO Evinrude Etec
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 09:15:27 AM »
Do it, Joe. You won't regret it. Just be sure to pay attention to adjusting the brakes to max before starting to use the reel, and then back off accordingly until you get it just right.

As for the cameras, I agree. I have three of them that I use. They're more than sufficient, for 1/4 to 1/3 the price.  :nod:

I ordered one right after posting yesterday ;D  Wondering how the spinning reels are?