Author Topic: New Members Read This First!!  (Read 6307 times)

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
New Members Read This First!!
« on: February 15, 2011, 12:04:07 PM »
If you've just signed up for a forum account here, Welcome!

There are a few things you need to know before you start using these forums, so be sure to read this post in its entirety.

These forums are for discussion, not for pitching your latest, greatest product or your fantastic service.

If you have a product you wish to advertise here, contact Curt first!!

Promotional posts made for products or services, without first getting permission or paying to advertise will be viewed as SPAM and will be deleted. Advertising rates here are cheaper than dirt, so there is no excuse to try to SPAM people with your "new, great product".

Links in your forum signature are OK if they're not put there solely for the purpose of promoting a product or company. I check every single account that is created and because I make my living as a marketer, I know SPAM when I see it, so don't try sneaking anything in there ;)

Links in your profile are also OK, as long as they aren't promotional in nature. Again, I check every user profile of every new member.

Finally, everyone enjoys their time here. It's a great place to hang out and share info, as well as to have a good laugh and share a good story. With this in mind, insults, flaming and other types of stupid behavior in general are not acceptable and won't be tolerated. Offending user accounts can and will be deleted with the click of a mouse.

So... if you're OK with all of the above, feel free to enjoy your time here  :D

Oh... and if you're reading this before you create a new account and you're not OK with this, don't bother creating a new account because it'll get deleted anyway  ;D
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 09:26:19 PM by Curt - RI »

Offline toadhunter

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +12/-0
    • View Profile
Re: New Members Read This First!!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 09:17:51 PM »
Hey Curt, my name is Andrew and I own Toadhunter Spinnerbaits. Perhaps we could get together next Spring and put the hurt on some Bass.
Owner, Toad Hunter Spinnerbaits

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 09:28:17 PM »
Sounds good Andrew!! And welcome to the forums  :)

Offline JeffisinRI

• Guppy
  • Applause: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 01:33:10 PM »
Hey Curt,
Just signed on and looking fwd to being a part of what looks like a great organization.

FYI, found your charter info today, searching for freshwater charters. I will definitely be in touch for a charter later in the season.

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 01:39:37 PM »
Glad to have you here Jeff!

We have a great bunch of guys here that hang our on a daily basis.

I'd love to hook up with you in the future and help put you on some big bass  :D

BTW, you might also want to jump on over to www.fishaboo.com and create a new account there too. It's a new social networking site for anglers, that I launched 4 or 5 weeks back. Would love to have you onboard on both sites.

Offline Malo68

• Guppy
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • Northeastbass.com Rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 12:07:38 AM »
Hi Curt, my name is George and I recently move to N. Smithfield, RI. I've mainly fished saltwater all my life but now that I've moved here, I've moved here, I've caught a bass hunting bug. Looking for some good tried and true fishing spots in my area so I can show my 2 boys a good time fishing. I'm 5 min. from Slatersville Reservoir. That's the only place we've tried so far. Not too much luck there though...a couple of 2 lb.'ers over the last 2 days is all. Any advice on hot spots in my area would be appreciated. Looking forward to getting to know people and surfing the site! Take care, George

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 02:40:24 PM »
Welcome to the site, George  :)

Up there in your neck of the woods, there are some great bass lakes, with Slatersville not being one of them  ;D LOL

Give these lakes a try:

Smith & Sayles Reservoir
Echo Lake
Bowdish Reservoir
Keech Pond

Smith & Sayles has a great bass population. Echo Lake also has a great bass population, but it's a zoo during the summer, especially on the weekends.

Bowdish isn't very busy. The launch area is inside of a state park/campground.

Keech isn't very busy. The one thing with Keech is that it tends to give up a lot of smaller fish, but it has some nice bass in it if you spend the time learning the lake.

There are probably many others up your way that I'm leaving out or don't know about. Hopefully someone else here who's more familiar with the northern part of the state will add their feedback too.

5InLivewell

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 04:40:35 PM »
If you've just signed up for a forum account here, Welcome!

There are a few things you need to know before you start using these forums, so be sure to read this post in its entirety.

These forums are for discussion, not for pitching your latest, greatest product or your fantastic service.

If you have a product you wish to advertise here, contact Curt first!!

Promotional posts made for products or services, without first getting permission or paying to advertise will be viewed as SPAM and will be deleted. Advertising rates here are cheaper than dirt, so there is no excuse to try to SPAM people with your "new, great product".

Links in your forum signature are OK if they're not put there solely for the purpose of promoting a product or company. I check every single account that is created and because I make my living as a marketer, I know SPAM when I see it, so don't try sneaking anything in there ;)

Links in your profile are also OK, as long as they aren't promotional in nature. Again, I check every user profile of every new member.

Finally, everyone enjoys their time here. It's a great place to hang out and share info, as well as to have a good laugh and share a good story. With this in mind, insults, flaming and other types of stupid behavior in general are not acceptable and won't be tolerated. Offending user accounts can and will be deleted with the click of a mouse.

So... if you're OK with all of the above, feel free to enjoy your time here  :D

Oh... and if you're reading this before you create a new account and you're not OK with this, don't bother creating a new account because it'll get deleted anyway  ;D
Hi Curt - I am an avid tournament angler and avid family recreational boater.  I am here for fun ! Let me know if any of my posts contain anything I should not be including.  I will be competing in regional tournaments around New England and I will be sharing what happens out there if that is okay.  Let me know and thanks.

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 10:04:50 AM »
No problem at all!

Thanks for checking with me. I appreciate it.

And by the way, welcome to the site :)