Author Topic: TARGET SMALLMOUTH....BULLSEYE!  (Read 830 times)

Offline DA TOAD

• Guppy
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • Northeastbass.com Rocks!
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: Largemouth 8lb 3oz...1978...Central Mass...Smallmouth 5lb 9oz Quabbin 2012. I primarily target smallmouth and trout.
  • My Boat: 18' Lund Alaskan,Merc 25HP Tiller, ONIX 10 Touch, only used on the Quabbin. 14' Lund SSV 10HP Merc Tiller for all other places
TARGET SMALLMOUTH....BULLSEYE!
« on: August 25, 2017, 08:57:01 AM »
Went out my favorite fishing hole toady. Target was smallies....bullseye!!!

Got to my spot about 6:30. Fished till 11:30. Brought 12 over the gunnels and dropped another three reeling in. Only one C&R pin fish today that stretched the scale at 3lb 14os. Two weighed in 3lb 6 oz on the nose and all the others were good heavy twos except for two.

One of the the smaller ones gave an aerial battle like I have never seen before. I bet he/she had to clear the surface by three and a half feet a couple of times. Usually this time of year and getting them deep it is for the most part a bulldog pull to the bottom kind of contest. Not this baby. He/she hit and just spiraled to the surface. Came up so fast I thought I had lost it till it cleared the surface the first time. For a 2lb+ fish it gave a very good account of itself.

Absolutely gorgeous day on the water. The sun was strong but a healthy breeze kept things quite comfortable. Without the breeze this fat guy would have had to leave a little earlier.

I like the first three pictures because of the surface fog. This time of year with the warmer water the cool night air condenses on the surface creating a mist/fog. To me it just yells, "Gonna be a good day for fishing". For smallmouth this is my favorite time of year until October when the Big Lady Q closes her legs until next April.

Inch short of a pin.

Little bugger

I think the lightest one of the day. Almost 2 lbs.

Chunk but 3" short of a pin.

PIN!!!!...and slightly more.

A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one and don't have one you will probably never need one again.

Offline DA TOAD

• Guppy
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: Largemouth 8lb 3oz...1978...Central Mass...Smallmouth 5lb 9oz Quabbin 2012. I primarily target smallmouth and trout.
  • My Boat: 18' Lund Alaskan,Merc 25HP Tiller, ONIX 10 Touch, only used on the Quabbin. 14' Lund SSV 10HP Merc Tiller for all other places
Re: TARGET SMALLMOUTH....BULLSEYE!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 08:58:28 AM »
Guess my pictures are just too big?  Don't know what is up with that.
A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one and don't have one you will probably never need one again.

Offline Joe P

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +106/-0
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: 8 lbs 11 oz RI
  • My Boat: 2015 Stratos 186 VLO - 135HO Evinrude Etec
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 09:56:51 AM »
Pictures are showing fine for me?   

Really beautiful smallmouths there. Nice job :thumbup:

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 10:08:06 AM »
That's some great fishing!! Definitely nice smallies  :thumbup:

The only pic that was too big to fit was the first one. All the rest fit just fine.

If you want to, you can upload them to www.bassfishingphotos.com and then use the medium embed codes to post them here. The medium pics fit perfectly. And hosting them at BFP also lets you link to them from other sites too.  :nod:

Offline DA TOAD

• Guppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 06:36:02 PM »
On my computer I have to use the scroll bar at the bottom to move the pictures to the left to see the whole things.  I guess I'll just have to experiment.

On other fishing forums I belong to that use the same software you can just copy everything :-\ from one site to another.  Doesn't seem to work here? :-\

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 08:45:29 PM »
On my computer I have to use the scroll bar at the bottom to move the pictures to the left to see the whole things.  I guess I'll just have to experiment.

On other fishing forums I belong to that use the same software you can just copy everything :-\ from one site to another.  Doesn't seem to work here? :-\

Ya, like I mentioned, it's only that one pic that's too wide. The others are fine. Not sure why it would work on other similar forums and not on here.

Offline Crestliner

• Guppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 10:16:48 AM »
Congrats on a fine day of fishing! Those are some beautiful pictures. They appear just fine on my computer too.
"A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure"