Author Topic: MID SUMMER RAINBOWS  (Read 472 times)

Offline DA TOAD

• Guppy
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • Northeastbass.com Rocks!
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: Largemouth 8lb 3oz...1978...Central Mass...Smallmouth 5lb 9oz Quabbin 2012. I primarily target smallmouth and trout.
  • My Boat: 18' Lund Alaskan,Merc 25HP Tiller, ONIX 10 Touch, only used on the Quabbin. 14' Lund SSV 10HP Merc Tiller for all other places
MID SUMMER RAINBOWS
« on: August 23, 2017, 03:13:11 PM »
Went fishing Toaday. Target was mid summer stocked trout which I don't usually target but I did well last time out so I figured I would give it another shot today.

Paid of. Fished from 8 to 10:30. Tagged three. Brought two nice 16" bows over the gunnel and a little dink rainbow released itself while I was lifting it out of the water.

Three hits, three fish and no swings and misses.

Surprisingly 2 came on the rigger which has not paid of hardly at all this year at 25' down. The other one took the lead core offering at 4 colors out. Nice firm fish and the second one had great coloring. First one tore his mouth apart in the net and the second one must have swung at the bait and got hooked in the eye.

2 fish on the rigger came on a yellow/green Trout Magnet stick bait and one took the BB Gun shiney gold with fluorescent orange stripe which has been a pro this summer. Last year it couldn't hook a turd.
Temps were perfect today but the winds were hellacious up in the mountains. Bigville is not all that big and I bet some of the waves approached 12". It was a racist body of water because of all the "white" caps. Just got too hard to control the boat heading into the wind so I pulled lines and headed for home.

Had the two rainbows bows in the cooler back at the launch. There was a fellow and probably his grandson fishing from shore trying to cast into the wind. They had not caught anything. I asked if they wanted my trout. Both of them were very happy to get the fish. Probably went home and lied to Grandma about how they caught them. 1f603.png😃 Moby bit me when I got home with no trout for him.

Quabbin and smallmouth are the target water body and fish for tomorrow.

Little blood on the mouth here....was way worse than the picture took.

Love the colors,

This is the one that was hooked in the eye....bled all over my boat!

Again...the rainbow trout is just on beautifully colored fish.

A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one and don't have one you will probably never need one again.

Offline Joe P

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +106/-0
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: 8 lbs 11 oz RI
  • My Boat: 2015 Stratos 186 VLO - 135HO Evinrude Etec
Re: MID SUMMER RAINBOWS
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 09:32:46 AM »
Good sized Rainbow 8)

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 11:23:51 AM »
Nice trout! Looks like someone is having fish for dinner  (giggle)

Offline Matt K.

• Guppy
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • Northeastbass.com Rocks!
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB = 8 lbs even., Clewiston, FL
  • My Boat: 10.5 ft. Pelican / Minn Kota Endura Max 55 thrust
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 09:35:48 AM »
That's good eatin!!