Author Topic: Quabbin in July  (Read 485 times)

Offline DA TOAD

• Guppy
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • Northeastbass.com Rocks!
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: Largemouth 8lb 3oz...1978...Central Mass...Smallmouth 5lb 9oz Quabbin 2012. I primarily target smallmouth and trout.
  • My Boat: 18' Lund Alaskan,Merc 25HP Tiller, ONIX 10 Touch, only used on the Quabbin. 14' Lund SSV 10HP Merc Tiller for all other places
Quabbin in July
« on: August 07, 2017, 11:18:33 AM »
Quabbin is my favorite fish hole.  Just love everything about the place...especially the smallmouth.

I didn't manage to get out but two times in July.  I was just too darn hot for my ole fat butt to be sitting in the sun out there.  Both days out were slow but  I did manage to tag a couple.

A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one and don't have one you will probably never need one again.

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
Re: Quabbin in July
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 02:04:19 PM »
Nice!! Gotta love big smallies, no matter where you catch them  :nod:

One of these days I might get there with someone who knows the lake  :)

Offline DA TOAD

• Guppy
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: Largemouth 8lb 3oz...1978...Central Mass...Smallmouth 5lb 9oz Quabbin 2012. I primarily target smallmouth and trout.
  • My Boat: 18' Lund Alaskan,Merc 25HP Tiller, ONIX 10 Touch, only used on the Quabbin. 14' Lund SSV 10HP Merc Tiller for all other places
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 02:08:33 PM »
Nice!! Gotta love big smallies, no matter where you catch them  :nod:

One of these days I might get there with someone who knows the lake  :)

Be happy to take you out.  Best fishing is early spring but you can catch them now if ya can take the heat and find them.  They are holding deep but they will still bite.  I usually only go out during the week until the end of August and after that I will go anytime even on weekends.
A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one and don't have one you will probably never need one again.

Offline basswarz

• Guppy
    • View Profile
    • Bass Warz
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 07:36:20 AM »
nice wow big um!!