Author Topic: Indian lake Water Levels  (Read 176 times)

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
Indian lake Water Levels
« on: July 07, 2017, 10:57:34 AM »
I fished at Indian lake on Wednesday, July 5th.

I noticed after launching that the water on the flat in front of the ramp was starting to drop significantly. Not enough to cause navigation problems, but definitely more than I figured it would be. And as I fished around the lake, I noticed that the normal water line on the rocks was quite visible and that the lake had dropped close to 6 inches below that line already.

It's good that we're getting some rain today, but if we don't keep getting rain once a week or so, we will be having trouble launching there again by mid August or so.  :nod:

Offline Joe P

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +106/-0
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: 8 lbs 11 oz RI
  • My Boat: 2015 Stratos 186 VLO - 135HO Evinrude Etec
Re: Indian lake Water Levels
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 02:31:45 PM »
Watchaug seems to be high still. Launched there Wednesday

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 03:45:51 PM »
Watchaug seems to be high still. Launched there Wednesday

That's good. I don't know why Indian is down so far already, to be honest with you.

Offline dunaprop

• Guppy
  • Applause: +1/-0
  • I Love Northeastbass.Com!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 01:28:01 AM »
fished indian 7/5   530-9.30.pm.....a couple fish at best.....only 2 bass..and the rest foriage fish ..nothing to tell homer about.....fished watchaug..6/29..6-10pm......1 bass several hits....kinda bummed...fishin this year has been sh#!@ttty for me...hit chapmans last
 nite .6-9...same.. not alot of activity.....no fish surfacing ...small foriage fish rising thou......oh welll....its better than working....have nt really hit on the bite ......everytime we go its crap......we used to catch a butt load  ....??????

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 10:37:18 AM »
fished indian 7/5   530-9.30.pm.....a couple fish at best.....only 2 bass..and the rest foriage fish ..nothing to tell homer about.....fished watchaug..6/29..6-10pm......1 bass several hits....kinda bummed...fishin this year has been sh#!@ttty for me...hit chapmans last
 nite .6-9...same.. not alot of activity.....no fish surfacing ...small foriage fish rising thou......oh welll....its better than working....have nt really hit on the bite ......everytime we go its crap......we used to catch a butt load  ....??????

@dunaprop It's been a strange year for a lot of people. I've hit them really good on some outings and not so good on others. It's all about timing this year. Don't give up!  :nope:

Offline groti

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +33/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 03:23:18 PM »
that water line  you speak of is the high water mark before they put in the fish ladder years ago.  They screwed up the elevations when they put the new fish ladder in and it was even lower before they fixed it. Now even at high water the lake is always 6" shallower. It took me 2 years of fighting with the EPA to have then adjust the height  and they still couldn't get it right.
Men and fish are alike, they both get in trouble when they open their mouths...

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 04:03:04 PM »
that water line  you speak of is the high water mark before they put in the fish ladder years ago.  They screwed up the elevations when they put the new fish ladder in and it was even lower before they fixed it. Now even at high water the lake is always 6" shallower. It took me 2 years of fighting with the EPA to have then adjust the height  and they still couldn't get it right.

I know what you're talking about. But I still noticed that the depth of the water just outside of the ramp is already dropping. My unprofessional opinion is that they should find some way to raise the water level another 6 inches too. As always, they seem to have dropped the ball  :facepalm: