Author Topic: Chapman Pond - RI  (Read 619 times)

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
Chapman Pond - RI
« on: April 09, 2017, 07:25:37 PM »
Fished a club tourney here yesterday, 4-8-17

The wind was already blowing a steady 7-10 MPH at 6 AM when I arrived, and it only got worse as the day went on!  :yes:

As the sun rose and got higher, the wind increased and the temperatures actually dropped at one point during the day as the front blew out. Obviously this made the fishing a bit of a challenge for everybody in the tourney.

Thankfully I was able to put a limit together and cull a couple times. The big fish pretty much refused to bite, though, so my total weight was only 6.93 lbs. for my best 5. Believe it or not, this was enough to win. Only one other angler had a limit. Another angler had two and the rest of the field either had one fish or they blanked.

My fish were all caught on a chartreuse spinnerbait or a chartreuse bladed jig. I made both of these lures myself in the week prior to the tourney, figuring they would work under the conditions we were supposed to have.

I landed a total of 7 bass and lost two others. One of the ones I lost I got a look at. It was only about 1 1/2 lbs. The other one I didn't get to see, but it felt decent... probably bigger than anything I had in the well.  :facepalm:

I was just thankful to have the 5 and take the win  :)

Water temp was 45. Air temp was 50. Wind blew 15-25 MPH all day.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 11:02:48 PM by Curt - RI »

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
Re: Chapman Pond - RI
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 09:00:06 PM »
Here's a short video I put together to show how bad the wind was!