Author Topic: Upcoming Special Meeting  (Read 447 times)

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
Upcoming Special Meeting
« on: March 19, 2017, 08:33:37 PM »
For those of us who live in or near Westerly, this meeting is of importance.

http://www.thewesterlysun.com/news/westerly/10061380-154/comments-sought-on-proposed-westerly-harbor-management-plan.html

The only reason I'm posting it here is because part of the new harbor management plan includes new proposed regulations for Chapman Pond.

For the last 25+ years, Chapman Pond has been under state management because DEM leased the land from the town of Westerly where the launch is located. Therefore, DEM had jurisdiction over the ramp and how it was used.

As part of that, DEM put a 10 HP limit in place for all boats launched or hauled from that ramp. DEM did make exceptions and allow boats with bigger outboards to be launched, but the outboard couldn't be used. Only the electric trolling motor could be used.

Under the new proposal, the HP limit would be reduced to 5 HP. And as of right now I don't know how the new regulation would treat trolling motors on boats with outboards larger than the proposed 5 HP limit.

So it's important that we show up and give our feedback, so we don't lose access to this lake.