Author Topic: reel cleaning fail  (Read 812 times)

Offline ProvidenceBassHunter

• Smallmouth Bass
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • If you dont bass fish then why are you talking to
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: Huge 4 pounder it was more like a 10
  • My Boat: Kayak
reel cleaning fail
« on: June 28, 2016, 01:14:23 PM »
Last night i took apart my BPS qulifer reel to atempt to lube and clean it but when i put it back i must have done something wrong cause now when i turn the handle its not cacthing the spool and the star drag only turns a little up and down befor getting tight. It was late so i just left it like that im going to try and see if i can fix it tonight . If i cant any one know of a place i can bring it to get fixed. I know nothings broken i must of just not put ot back the right way.

Offline Joe P

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +106/-0
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: 8 lbs 11 oz RI
  • My Boat: 2015 Stratos 186 VLO - 135HO Evinrude Etec
Re: reel cleaning fail
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 09:02:51 AM »
Sounds like something was out of position when you put it back together.  We all have done it, no biggie!

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
Re: reel cleaning fail
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 09:44:59 AM »
@ProvidenceBassHunter This happens to most of us the first time or two that we try to maintain a baitcaster. Take it apart slowly and see if you can spot where you might have gone wrong. You can probably fix it without doing a complete disassemble  :yes:

If you can't get it figured out, you can always take to BPS in Foxboro to see if they might be able to repair it for you.