Author Topic: ASORI Fishig. First annual bank angler tournament registration!!!  (Read 3797 times)

Offline Asori fishing

• Shiner
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • Northeastbass.com Rocks!
    • View Profile
It's time fellas. Taking registrations from now until April. If we still have open slots than I will take same day entry for anyone that can't register ahead of time. We will be at Lincoln woods on Saturday may 14th. If you register online it will be $20 and anything after April will be $22 online or $20 same day entry depending if there are open spots on the roster. Rules and regulations will be explained in the group meeting prior to start. The tournament officially starts at 8am and will continue until 4pm. We will have a rented site in the park so there will be a cookout afterwards. Feel free to bring something if you'd like. We are also taking donations to be able to do a little bit extra. There is a donation option on the link I'll post and you can donate as you register. Anything helps and will be greatly appreciated. We hope to see plenty of you there!!!!! Pm for more details and updates

Offline Asori fishing

• Shiner
    • View Profile
Re: ASORI Fishig. First annual bank angler tournament registration!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 06:46:29 PM »
My email is asorifishing@gmail.com. Email me for any questions.
Her is the link to the registration
http://www.eventbrite.com/e/asori-fishing-1st-annual-bank-angler-tournament-registration-21431587455

Offline groti

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +33/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 03:58:53 PM »
I don't know your experience with tournaments or know you at all. You do know you have to apply for a permit with DEM for any tournament with more than 6 anglers or 3 boats. Just don't want you running into trouble if you didn't know that already. If you do need info on the permitting process, it's easy and we can walk you through it.
Men and fish are alike, they both get in trouble when they open their mouths...

Offline Asori fishing

• Shiner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 04:00:25 PM »
I am well aware. Thank you very much for the information. I appreciate all the concerns and help that we have been getting. You guys rock

Offline Brazzy

• Bluegill
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB 8lbs 4oz, SMB 5lbs 2oz
  • My Boat: Bass Tracker Pro Team 175 XT Special Edition
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 09:34:24 AM »
Is Lincoln Woods still dealing with LMBV? Im not trying to be a downer, but its something to be aware of. Since the DEM announced it I have avoided there just because of that. I just dont know if this is still an issue there.  As a avid RI anglers we have a responsibility to make sure we do the right thing.

http://www.dem.ri.gov/news/2011/pr/0325111.htm

Offline Asori fishing

• Shiner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 09:41:49 AM »
While I was on the phone with fish and wildlife, he explained to me that there they did have lmbv going on and that all anglers are advised to rinse their gear and let dry for 48 hours before using the same gear in a different body of water. I will be holding a meeting, explaining to all participants about the situation.

Offline Brazzy

• Bluegill
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 01:22:41 PM »
How did this turn out?

Offline ProvidenceBassHunter

• Bluegill
  • If you dont bass fish then why are you talking to
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: Huge 4 pounder it was more like a 10
  • My Boat: Kayak
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 07:26:44 PM »
@Brazzy not so good

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP

Offline Asori fishing

• Shiner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 09:40:54 AM »
It turned out great. We had 15 entries. The bite was rough for some people but we did have some people quit due to the bitw being off for most of the day but fish were caught and some very happe people left with a couple hundred in their pocket pkus some lures. Providence bass hunter, please let me know why you thought it wasnt good so that i can improve on it for further events. So far you are the only complaint ive heard. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2016, 09:59:35 AM »
It turned out great. We had 15 entries. The bite was rough for some people but we did have some people quit due to the bitw being off for most of the day but fish were caught and some very happe people left with a couple hundred in their pocket pkus some lures. Providence bass hunter, please let me know why you thought it wasnt good so that i can improve on it for further events. So far you are the only complaint ive heard. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Glad to hear it went well. Anytime anglers are restricted to the bank, it can make it tough for some people if they are in a bad spot.

Offline Asori fishing

• Shiner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 10:53:31 AM »
The whole park was the playing ground. Some people caught some big boys and some just over the minimum but bedding fish arent always easy to fool. The rest of the events should be fish packed battles.

Offline ProvidenceBassHunter

• Bluegill
  • If you dont bass fish then why are you talking to
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: Huge 4 pounder it was more like a 10
  • My Boat: Kayak
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2016, 09:59:50 PM »
1st place said he caught a fish on a bare treble hook witch was weird to me when asked why he had a empty treble hook in the water he said he was trying to snag a smaller fish but the fish bite the empty hook and turned out to be not a small fish but one big enough to submit. Shouldnt that be a DQ for trying to snag a fish in the first place why just throw a trebel hook at bass on beds if not to snag them ?

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2016, 09:15:52 AM »
 :popcorn:

Offline Brazzy

• Bluegill
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 10:29:07 AM »
Thats why I was curious about this. In a previous thread I mentioned how it would be great to see local tournaments go to an MLF style weigh in system and it was met with immediate backlash because people would cheat. As fun and relaxing as fishing is, when money and competition gets thrown into the mix it brings out the worst in people. I know there are some real die hard anglers who have a great respect for the sport that fish from shore. In fact Im sure just about everyone here started out fishing from shore, including me. I know the intent is to really give the people who cant afford a boat, but still love the sport and opportunity to compete and have some fun. However, my fear in this tournament was that it would really drag some shady people out of the woodwork. Throw money into the mix and you will see the worst of humanity as a few ruin it for the rest.

You know the guy Im taking about. The guy who shows up with a spinning reel on a baitcast rod... he reels the reel upside down. Has a bobber, a sinker, and a EWG hook on a snap swivel. On the hook he has a nightcrawler, a dead shiner and a piece of cheese. They leave trash and a birds nest of fishing line behind at every spot they fish and usually only fish on opening day each year, but they catch their limit of farm raised trout each year so figured thy got this in the bag.

With that said, I love the idea as it gets more people involved. However, I feel as though not everyone deserves to be involved. Any tournament that relies on any sort of honor at all should probably not be open to the general public. It would probably be better to start off with a small group of friends and then branch it out where people from the outside can participate as a co-angler of someone who is already a member. Its never going to be perfect, but if I ever saw someone trying to snag a bedding bass with a treble hook I would drop kick them into the water and break their wally world special over my knee.