Author Topic: Today's Thunder Storms  (Read 1393 times)

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
Today's Thunder Storms
« on: August 04, 2015, 02:39:57 PM »
Not sure about where you everyone else is at, but here in southern RI we got hammered this morning with a short, but very strong thunder storm that took down trees, tree limbs, fences and power lines!

I got up and watched it blow through and saw some wind gusts that were definitely in excess of 60 MPH  :o

While I was looking out one of my back windows, I was watching the trees lean pretty hard during one of those gusts, and then I watched as one of my trees leaned heavy to one side and then snapped right off  :o :o

Thankfully it missed my storage shed by a few feet. If it had hit it, I'm sure there would have been some damage.

Offline Joe P

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +106/-0
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: 8 lbs 11 oz RI
  • My Boat: 2015 Stratos 186 VLO - 135HO Evinrude Etec
Re: Today's Thunder Storms
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 09:29:19 AM »
The noise from the wind woke me up, the tree's were under some stress for sure!

A bunch of campers at burlingame were injured. They must of been scared out of their minds :o

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
Re: Today's Thunder Storms
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 11:28:44 AM »

A bunch of campers at burlingame were injured. They must of been scared out of their minds :o

I wonder what kind of injuries they had...

I guess it was pretty serious everywhere. A guy I know from North Carolina contacted me to see if we were OK and said he saw on the news how bad RI got hit.

I heard yesterday that winds in Charlestown during the storm peaked at 95 MPH  :o