Author Topic: Ninja Grass Blade  (Read 2473 times)

Online Brazzy

• Bluegill
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • Northeastbass.com Rocks!
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB 8lbs 4oz, SMB 5lbs 2oz
  • My Boat: Bass Tracker Pro Team 175 TXW Special Edition
Ninja Grass Blade
« on: June 02, 2015, 12:55:43 PM »
I think this is a must have for any angler, especially those who love to to fish the slop. This is a super cheap easy upgrade to your trolling motor that ensures that you will not have any issues with weeds, grass lily pads, etc. Basically is a blade that you epoxy onto your trolling motor right by the blade. Super easy to install. Its a no brainer. Figured I would share as it is definitely worth it.

http://www.ninjagrassblade.com/home.html

Bear Hill Baits

Offline Eric-Maine

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +40/-0
  • I love NorthEast Bass!
    • View Profile
Re: Ninja Grass Blade
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 04:23:22 PM »
I made a youtube last winter of my Ninja in action. I noticed a big difference especially going through the wire grass.

Offline 190SCR

• Smallmouth Bass
  • The scale never lies, but yours might be broken.
    • View Profile
  • My Boat: Champion 190SCR Mercury 3 Liter
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 08:40:39 PM »
I can make that in About 30 min. for about $3!

Online Brazzy

• Bluegill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 07:13:43 PM »
Yeah thats cool. This is a fellow angler who came up with a really neat idea. Dont hate LOL. In all seriousness this thing is pretty awesome. I guess if you'd rather spend the time and effort replicating it then go for it but I I'd rather not bother since something is tried and true. Its not like its expensive.
Bear Hill Baits

Offline 190SCR

• Smallmouth Bass
  • The scale never lies, but yours might be broken.
    • View Profile
  • My Boat: Champion 190SCR Mercury 3 Liter
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 07:20:57 PM »
Yeah thats cool. This is a fellow angler who came up with a really neat idea. Dont hate LOL. In all seriousness this thing is pretty awesome. I guess if you'd rather spend the time and effort replicating it then go for it but I I'd rather not bother since something is tried and true. Its not like its expensive.

No hate...I actually like it and thought enough of it to actually make my own with a replaceable blade as soon as I get a chance and yes it it is priced high for what it is, $32.95 for that is someone wanting to get rich quick.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 07:24:56 PM by 190SCR »

Online Brazzy

• Bluegill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 10:07:39 AM »
If you want to make your own thats cool. I just think its a must have on the boat. It works.

As far as the guy wanting to get rich quick...Not a chance. I dont want to walk through business 101 here but, this is an angler, not a machinist. After paying for the the piece itself you're then paying for packaging, printing, epoxy, applicators, shipping, website/marketing, paypal fees, etc.. Its a nice niche, but no one is getting rich off this. Its $30, not $130. Even if you can make it for $3 you'd mark it up before you sold it to this guy.. but even still lets be conservative here and say it costs $10 (with packaging, shipping etc) to get this  to the customers door... Thats a $20 profit... I mean you would have to move crazy product to "get rich quick". Its like my grandmother always telling me growing up that a breakfast diner was the best business to run because breakfast is so cheap. Well yes its cheap and may only cost you a couple bucks to throw together a plate of bacon, eggs, and home fries but if you charged even something in the $10 range people would complain. Meanwhile if you throw a half pound of pasta on a plate for 50 cents, 10 little necks ($2-3) and 50 cents worth of sauce you can charge $20-25 all day. Selling cheap things for cheap and having such a small profit margin is not a great way to get rich quick.

You want to see someone trying to get rich quick look at these companies making shallow water anchors. They are flooding the market with them now so the price is coming down a tad, but $1500 for a Minn Kota Talon.  Now I wouldnt give my talon up for anything as I think they are worth their weight in gold, but come on man. Its a telescoping fiberglass rod with a garage door opener. Or look at these smaller companies looking for $300 for the manual shallow water anchors. Just a fiberglass rod and bracket. $300. Ive seen people replicate that at Home Depot for about $15. If I was going to waste my time trying to fabricate something to save me money I would look at something like that. Those are people trying to get rich quick. Some company charging hundreds/thousands for something super simple, not some retired fisherman from Meredith NH charging $30 for a good idea.

With that said I know a lot of people who decided to make the purchase and I have yet to meet one who regretted it.
Bear Hill Baits