Author Topic: What Tom Brady thinks!  (Read 2147 times)

Offline Joe P

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +106/-0
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: 8 lbs 11 oz RI
  • My Boat: 2015 Stratos 186 VLO - 135HO Evinrude Etec
What Tom Brady thinks!
« on: January 22, 2015, 12:54:24 PM »

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
Re: What Tom Brady thinks!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 02:43:10 PM »
 ;D  ;D  ;D

My questions is this:

Why do they even have different footballs for each team? If they all used the same football, problems like this would be eliminated.

I was also wondering about whether footballs get checked regularly before and after games. If not, they should. And if they do get checked after the games, why would the Patriots have bothered deflating the balls, knowing that it would get exposed.

I seriously think that this was pulled off by someone other than the Patriots and then reported after the game as a way of creating controversy and making the Pats look like cheaters.

Seriously... they blew the Colts away. Can they really attribute that to under-inflated footballs?

Offline Bob W - RI

• SRIBA
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +96/-0
  • Get the NET !!
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: 7.19 lb LMB. Amos Lake, CT 2014
  • My Boat: Bass Tracker PT175
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 03:56:07 PM »
 Both teams supply 12 balls each that are inspected before the game. Then they are given back to each team. Each team uses their own balls. The deflated balls were notices during the first half and was corrected. We (the Patriots)then proceeded to do even better with the balls inflated. Something or someone did something I feel, but it did not change the outcome of the game. I think the officials should supply and maintain the balls to avoid this or anything else like this happening again. This will just make the patriots be more hated as any dynasty or empire is always disliked by many, just like the Yankees. I don't think it was known or done by everyone on the team as players on all teams have been trying things for years to do things just to get an advantage. I am a home team guy with the Patriots, RedSox, Bruins, Celtics and so on. Time to move on to the big game and put this behind us. Not to say they don't deserve a fine either! Go Pat's ! Just my two cents.

Bob W.
Snack Time !     Get the Net !  ><((((º>

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 04:58:35 PM »
Both teams supply 12 balls each that are inspected before the game. Then they are given back to each team. Each team uses their own balls. The deflated balls were notices during the first half and was corrected. We (the Patriots)then proceeded to do even better with the balls inflated. Something or someone did something I feel, but it did not change the outcome of the game. I think the officials should supply and maintain the balls to avoid this or anything else like this happening again. This will just make the patriots be more hated as any dynasty or empire is always disliked by many, just like the Yankees. I don't think it was known or done by everyone on the team as players on all teams have been trying things for years to do things just to get an advantage. I am a home team guy with the Patriots, RedSox, Bruins, Celtics and so on. Time to move on to the big game and put this behind us. Not to say they don't deserve a fine either! Go Pat's ! Just my two cents.

Bob W.

Thanks for the explanation, Bob!

Like I said, make both teams play with the same footballs and this will never happen again.

Offline Joe P

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +106/-0
    • View Profile
  • My Biggest Bass: 8 lbs 11 oz RI
  • My Boat: 2015 Stratos 186 VLO - 135HO Evinrude Etec
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 11:49:53 AM »
It's really a shame this has so much attention! Taking away from a great season and the upcoming Super Bowl :P

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 09:19:40 AM »
You're right Joe.

People like to find negatives in everything these days.