Author Topic: fish finder question  (Read 1180 times)

Offline Kayak13

• Guppy
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • Northeastbass.com Rocks!
    • View Profile
fish finder question
« on: July 04, 2014, 06:49:59 PM »
I am a newbie to this site, so I figured I would say hello and ask a question while I was at it.

I just picked up a Lowrance elite 4 HDI fish finder.  The manual says when I hit the page button there should be 8 different pages I can scroll through .  All I get are 4 pages.  Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong?  It seems to work fine other than that.
I have it mounted on the outside of the hull on my kayak.  I took it to Halls pond today before the rain and I could see all the old stumps and fallen trees very clearly.
Good luck everyone,
Herb

Offline Curt - RI

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
  • Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +149/-0
  • Fish On!
    • View Profile
    • CurtSnow.com
  • My Biggest Bass: LMB - 9 lbs. 2 oz. (RI) 9 lbs. 14 oz. (California Delta) - SMB 5 lbs. 10 oz. (CT)
  • My Boat: 2007 G3 HP180 Yamaha 150 HP
Re: fish finder question
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 09:14:49 PM »
Hi Herb, welcome to the site  :)

I did some quick searching and it looks like it only has 4 pages, at least based on the one video that I saw on YouTube.

Maybe you can give their tech support a quick call on Monday and they can give you a definite answer.

Either way, let us know how you make out with it!

Offline Kayak13

• Guppy
  • Applause: +0/-0
  • Northeastbass.com Rocks!
    • View Profile
Re: fish finder question
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 05:59:46 AM »
Thank you for the info.  I did notice the instruction book is printed for 2 models.  Maybe the 8 pages is only for the other model??? 
Anyway, I really like it and I think it will definitely help me catch a few more fish, or at least find my way back to the boat launch lol. 
Heading over to Hall's pond this morning, hopefully I have a good report for you later  :)