Author Topic: Miami  (Read 2481 times)

Offline Tokyo Tony

• Guppy
  • Applause: +2/-0
  • I Love Northeastbass.Com!
    • View Profile
« on: June 27, 2007, 05:04:39 PM »
So I'm headed down to Miami tomorrow morning for a week for my cousin's wedding, and my brother and I decided to turn it into a fishing trip.  We have three days scheduled to go fishing, and other than that we'll probably be tied up with wedding stuff and a few other things here and there.  

We're going out deep sea fishing with a friend of ours (we used to live down there so still have some friends there) in his boat, not sure exactly what we'll be fishing for, but hopefully a few sailfish and a bunch of dolphin will be in the mix.

The next one is more of a family trip - going out on a party boat with probably 20 family members to catch whatever bites, I guess.  Should be a good time.

And the kicker, which I can't wait for, is a guide trip in the Everglades around the Flamingo area.  We used to fish that area frequently, and it was definitely our favorite place in the world.  I've spoken with the guide about what we want to target, and it's gonna be tarpon mainly, and hopefully we'll get tired from catching too many gigantic ones and move on to some snook, reds, and trout.  My only hope is that the weather is decent because this time of year the thunderstorms are pretty random and severe down there.  I can't wait.

Other than those three trips we're gonna try to catch some peacock bass in the canals that run through the area and hopefully some bigmouths will be biting.  

I'll post a report when I get back late next week, and hopefully it's a great one  ;D.

Offline groti

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +33/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 06:56:16 PM »
Tony don't the larger tarpon move out into the ocean in the summer for cooler water? When I lived in Hollywood we would taget tarpon in the intercoastals and bays in winter and open water in summer.
Men and fish are alike, they both get in trouble when they open their mouths...

Offline bassamatic

• Largemouth Bass
  • Applause: +30/-0
  • Hawgs eat frogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 09:37:54 AM »
i spent 20yrs in south florida and i know they caught tarpon under the bridges in the keys year round.the peacocks are gettin big in the canals from miami to homestead and of course the largemouths in the glades are monsters.good luck.hey on your way to flamingo stop at( robert is here fruitstand)thier milkshakes are the best around.its on the outskirts of homstead on the road to everglades national park.
my opinions r my own and should not be taken as those of this site or its members.